Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
welp i jsut hit the 8,00 mile mark. And im getting close to a new tire change. But my dad is freaking out because he used to get 55,000 from his SUV tires. Is 8,000 not very much on the Re040? I drive hard sometimes, but not like a madman all the time.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I've got about 10K on mine, stock suspension except Ltuned sways. The tires look pretty good except the inside edges of the fronts. Right at the edges, I have continuous rubber, the grooves between the tread blocks are gone. Since I have a Sportcross, I can't rotate. Normal, or is this definitely an alignment problem? If the wear was uniform, I would project about 20K.

·
11,054 Posts
I got 19,000 on mine and they were READY to scrap (though not yet illegal or unsafe). I believe the most you can expect from the stock Potenzas is 20,000 miles.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Stock Dunlops SP9000's

mileage: 42,500

reason: drive like a old man "most", not all, of the time. I'm still on the original set that came with the car.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hey TylerB your the same as me

I just hit the 8k mark and the cars feelin noisy and shitty :bitching:

I think I'll go with sum S03's next

·
Registered
435 Posts
I've got the Re40s and have ~22k miles on them w/ about 1/2 the tread. I drive aggressive, but not crazy. I've had sways on since 15k and springs and shocks on for the past 1k.

They do suck in the rain though.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
at 18,000 miles now......

killed stock tires in rear....
moved front to rear and bought continentals for front

got all new yokohoma avs's...thinking about remounting continentals to rear and saving the two yoko's for after...(tires=$$$)

gotta calm down on the driving...

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I had 28k on my stock Bridgestones when I pulled them off for new rims. They still had a little bit of tread left, didn't hit the tread wear indicators yet. I figgure I could have got 30k out of them. The insides of all 4 were worn more then the outsides.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
it depends a lot on your driving style. HoustonLex had to get a new set of tires at about 10k and a second set at about 20k. I had a pair of tires replaced after an accident at about 15k and I'm now just under 30k and I ordered new tires today. You'll never get 55k out of a performance tire. They are too soft and sticky. I think the average is about 20k or so....that's why there is a disclaimer that with summer tires your mileage could be substantially less than 20k. If you are only driving easy on the freeway all the time, you'll probably get more than 20k. If you have a lot of stop and go, accelerate hard, corner hard, you'll be looking at less.

·
Registered
45 Posts
XCstud said:
it depends a lot on your driving style. HoustonLex had to get a new set of tires at about 10k and a second set at about 20k. I had a pair of tires replaced after an accident at about 15k and I'm now just under 30k and I ordered new tires today. You'll never get 55k out of a performance tire. They are too soft and sticky. I think the average is about 20k or so....that's why there is a disclaimer that with summer tires your mileage could be substantially less than 20k. If you are only driving easy on the freeway all the time, you'll probably get more than 20k. If you have a lot of stop and go, accelerate hard, corner hard, you'll be looking at less.
I have a little over 55,000 miles on my stock Dunlops, so it is possible, but because its mostly highway miles. Plus, it seems that the Dunlops last longer from the other posts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.