Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I used a Metra kit with my D3 and am still using the stock amps and speakers. It sounds as good or better than it did with the stock deck. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Have stock speakers and amps and it sounds pretty good. Im planning to swap out the speakers soon though just to get a little cleaner sound.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It is going to sound better just because the Pioneers sound awesome. Especially with all the ways the AVIC lets you shape your sound.

I would also take it a step further and replace your front speakers. Go to your local car audio store and listen to some different models. Then use pricegrabber or nextag to find the best price online. And if you do the front speakers, you might as well slap some Dynamat on the doors since you have things taken apart.

Don't worry about your rear speakers unless you want a real project, as they are designed to work with the stock amp and visa-versa. You want your best sound to come from the front anyway.

One more thing. Get the Metra brand dash kit over the Scosche. It fits like it's OEM, except it is plastic instead of metal.

·
Registered
525 Posts
It will sound just fine. If you like your OEM sound, it sounds a bit better than the factory radio.

·
Registered
254 Posts
i <3 my d3 lol

i agreed go with the metra kit

PERSONALLY i had to by pass the factory amp and run directly to speakers idk about you guys tho

·
Registered
364 Posts
Isn't the metra dash kit the one that doesn't match well to our interior plastics?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts