Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For you guys that havent gotten an alignment done before and also have stock suspension...try check the back of your car and see if the back wheels look to be negative cambered slightly. You have to stand about 10-15 feet away and stand behind one of the wheels to see it. I kinda noticed this when I had my stock 17's as well. I thought it was me that put on the wheel wrong or something but it still looks the same today after putting on my 19's (a shop installed them). Is this normal? It kinda looks like the inner wall will wear faster....the front looks normal though.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
i noticed it on my car too..i have 19"S and the rear does start to tuck a lil bit...

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
my understanding is once you go bigger you will get some negative camber. theres a tolerance on how much negative camber you can have thou. even if you get it aligned unless you have a camber kit (which i don't believe we have for the IS) you will still have a certain amount of negative camber, as long as its within the tolerence.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont see how it works though...I know if you drop the car..you will need alignment and camber kit but if you only stick on some wheels...I dont see how it changes the camber.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
yea, honestly i don't really know for fact... jus know what i've been told and the rest is basic theory. as to why they seem like they have negative camber on stock suspension i don't know?! one would think it shouldn't? heck even with the 1" drop on my Htechs i don't seem to have any real noticable negative camber going on. but i still have my stock 17"s on. once i put on the 18"s then i assume like most i will have some negattive camber. btw... where did you get your wheels aligned? i'm going to need to get mine aligned once i get some new shocks.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
808IS3 said:
yea, honestly i don't really know for fact... jus know what i've been told and the rest is basic theory. as to why they seem like they have negative camber on stock suspension i don't know?! one would think it shouldn't? heck even with the 1" drop on my Htechs i don't seem to have any real noticable negative camber going on. but i still have my stock 17"s on. once i put on the 18"s then i assume like most i will have some negattive camber. btw... where did you get your wheels aligned? i'm going to need to get mine aligned once i get some new shocks.

Um...i didnt get it done yet but I am on monday. Call Pacific Automotive...2 people have recommended me there already. A guy that works at lexus and the hi-pace owner. Here's the number : 596-7732 I believe they charge like $75-80 for all 4 wheels and around $3x for either front or rear.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
E12iC46 said:
Um...i didnt get it done yet but I am on monday. Call Pacific Automotive...2 people have recommended me there already. A guy that works at lexus and the hi-pace owner. Here's the number : 596-7732 I believe they charge like $75-80 for all 4 wheels and around $3x for either front or rear.
actually ken from hipace jus did the install :lol:
but turns outs my front driver shock is blown so i needs new shocks now! i know i should've done it all the same time, oh wellz my stupididy :( i was hoping to jus use the stock shocks and wasn't really planning on getting aftermarket shocks... but looks like im getting tokicos now.
oh i called those guys at pacific already :) its like $105 for the IS
might end up calling around and if servco is around the same price im going there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts