Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an '03 IS 5-speed. As I was informed by the dealer, the only way the 5-speed comes is with the factory installed rear lip spoiler. I want to replace it with a more aggressive spoiler that's a little higher. Can this be done or are there going to be bolt/wire holes exposed by removing the OEM spoiler? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Alex

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
there will be 7-8 holes on the trunk lid...best bet is to trade trunk lids and rear decks with a person that has an automatic...

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
im also removing my oem 03' spoiler.....havent done it yet, but ill probally just plug the holes or something (trading trunks is a good idea)(probally has to be local to for convience)....my installer will take care of it... 8)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a good idea, UCLA. I figured that's probably what I'd be doing. Now to find some one to trade with... :-?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a black 02 automatic that I would be willing to trade trunks. I actually like the stock spoiler.

I live in chicago so anyone that would like to do so that is nearby please let me know.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well pretty slim chance on this one, but it's worth a shot. If anyone in south Texas with a black trunk lid without a spoiler wants to trade for my '03 lid and its stock trunk lip spoiler, let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts