Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering a swap for my stock non-sd shocks and springs for the SD shocks and Pro Kit springs for $200. Less than 10K miles on the Pro Kits and around 10K miles on the SD shocks.

Are the shocks on a stock '04 sport design different than the non-sd for the same year?

If they are a different shock what's the difference?

Is this a good deal and set-up?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
The 2004 Manual IS300 SportDesign had "Euro-tuned suspension" , Now I do not know what that entails. I would also like to know what the "Euro-tuned suspension" actually entails on the 2004 SportDesign Manuals.

Let us know guys :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
I dunno man, I just looked at the window sticker for my car and all it says is that it has "Euro-tuned suspension" under the sportdesign option list...nothing to actually tell you what it is. Sorry

·
Registered
466 Posts
If you are going to put different springs in, buy some Tokico shocks and do it all at the same time........well worth it!!!!

·
Registered
547 Posts
The 04 sportdesign with the manual transmission had thicker rear sway bars and 20% higher damping rate. This was stated on a Lexus press releases for the 2004 SD model. I've driven the car and the SD shocks are slightly stiffer but not by much. Again, this is only applicable to the manual transmission.

For what you are doing, I recommend going with Tokico Illumina since it gives you more adjustability. The Tokico blues are just slightly harder than stock.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I've decided to wait until I can do the Prokit springs & Tokico shocks at the same time. Seems like a popular set-up with the least headaces.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Good Call!!!!;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts