Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a RWD 2015 IS 350 F Sport and still have stock rims and tires. The rear wheels are balding in the middle of the tire not on the outside or inside which is odd to me. I called Lexus of Tampa Bay and asked this questions but they stated that with the model of car I have that I can expect to get new tires every 17k to 20k miles. I find this hard to swallow as I can't imagine a ton of people buying these cars if they had said knowledge.

Is there any truth to the Service Advisors info?

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Being a Lexus technician, I can tell you what they say is unfortunately true. aggressive tire from the factory = little tire life.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just change them out for tires with better treadwear rating.

Also, wear in the middle typically means they were over inflated.

17-20k is awfully low.

·
Registered
671 Posts
You have different tires made for different things... You can have a soft summer tire that will go fast, a medium tire that will last a while depending on camber and driving habits & mileage. Then you have a hard tire, lasts longest but doesn't give good traction kinda like driving on plastic tires...

You can gauge this easy by looking at the manufacturer warranty for miles. More miles harder tire, less quality, less grip, less performance.

Google has a lot of answers too Click here to find out :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts