Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the stock nav system have some sort of trunk mounted hardware like the LS 430 or BMW? I wanna have one installed and I went to a local audio/video install shop and the guy asked me does it come with that when I was trying to get a figure of how much it would cost to install it. What does it come with if any one knows Appreciate if someone could help

'03 Intensa Blue Pearl
5 Speed
H & R lowering springs(1.5 inch drop all around)
SRT Intake w/ ECU
Teck grounding kit(blue)
More yet to be installed

TURBO.......The Final Frontier

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
just go aftermarket nav with stock housing and aftermarket screen.

That's what I'm doing.

The Installers were backed up with remote start and all, i have an appointment on the 7th of January.

·
8,849 Posts
There are 2 main parts to the stock nav system, the brain unit with a GPS receiver, which is located in the trunk and the motorized screen.

When you factor in the cost associated with the OEM parts, it may be worth it to go with aftermarket.

Personally, I am getting a PC installed to handle all my needs.
Some of the details are posted in this thread.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
You can go aftermarket for a more cost-effective approach. The stock Nav runs on NavTech software, so look for that when you pick out an aftermarket model. I like the ease of use and colors on the screen better than that of BMW or Mercedes screens, who still use NavTech data (to my knowledge), just wierd interface.

The stock interface is pretty slick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts