Lexus IS Forum banner

Stock ignition graph/table?

8K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Tony the Tiger 
#1 ·
searched and couldnt fine this. Does anyone have a graph or table of what the stock ecu timing looks like under boost? im just trying to do some research and compare some other tuners standalone ignition tables with the stock ecu. hopefully with a enough research il be able go full standalone soon and start doing some self tuning.

#3 ·
i plan on going with the AEM EMS sometime soon. im pretty confident i cant get the fuel alright but what would you suggest to be the best way to go and start tuning the ignition. i know i should set it up conservatively first and then add timing until it detects too much knock, but how do you know whats conservative to start off with.

ignition timing just scares the hell out of me but id rather try to take a stab at it and learn than take it to a tuner and not know anything.

#4 ·
The stock timing curve can be datalogged if you have an OBD2 scanner and the ability to datalog it.

#5 ·
This is a good starting point. MBT isn't found so you'll need to tune the upper loads on a dyno.

I went over quite a few threads on how to tune a timing map. But in a nutshell, strap the car to a dyno. Add timing till you're not picking up much power anymore. At that point back off timing and pull about 2 degrees out to add a safety buffer for bad gas. This is assuming the motor isn't knocking of course.

#6 ·
Those 12s and 13s are pretty conservative IMO. Must be some really crappy gas.

#8 ·
I would not consider the stock timing map conservative for boost, nor NA for that matter.

The stock knock sensors are very sensitive to knock however and will pull timing at the slightest hint of knock.

#10 ·
We were refering to the area of the map where 12s and 13s were found. I would also not consider the NA map to be conservative for a boosted car. If the stock ECU doesn't pull timing quickly enough, you could be in trouble.

#17 ·
Yup, along the lines of it.. MBT - maximum brake torque, and should be based on the maximum torque produced at that certain RPM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.