Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the NHRA Sport Compact event in vegas this past weekend, and Quaker State had a portable dyno there, free to use and having a competition for differnt categories. So i threw my Stock IS 300, 5 mt on there.

So to all that are wondering what a stock IS 300 5 mt has for horsepower I got a whopping 169 whp, on a high 80's vegas night with T/C off but the Snow button on (the dude that did the dyno put it on, on accident).

Oh and I won the 6 cylinder Naturally Aspirated Category. I got a case of oil, and plaque and my picture to go on the website with all the other winners. Of course i was the only one that entered, but none the less LEXUS Represent!!!

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
uhm, it should be around 180ish with the snow off. with snow on, the throttle body only opens up approximately 65 percent of the way.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
180 to the wheel isnt to shabby. Nice to know the #s for reference. The 3 liter A4 Quattro I watch get dynoed was at 161 :lol:

·
Registered
416 Posts
That's really freakin cool you got to do that!! Like yellowis300 stated, it's cool to have the #s now for comparison! But, whenever my cheap ass considers having my ride dyno'd... I just think about what other mods that cash could go towards!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Cool

I go for my dyno tomorrow.

Only power mods I have are Intake and Flywheel.

Hoping for 185-190.

I will post results tomorrow afternoon :cool:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep so there you go all that our wondering what it gets, 180!!!!!

good luck wookie tomorrow with the dynoin.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
I regret not dynoing my car before I put on my mods...Now I will never know what my power is besides putting everything back to stock. I got around 205 rwhp wit my mods....probably a little more now since the engine wasnt at 10k point yet.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
169 sounds right. A buddy of mine with a yellow IS dynoed his bone stock with an Injen intake and hit 169

·
Registered
19 Posts
169 isnt too bad. but that is alot of drive train loss for a manual no? my 2005 tacoma is rated at 245 and dynos at 210 :bigSmile:

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
jon_lozon said:
169 isnt too bad. but that is alot of drive train loss for a manual no? my 2005 tacoma is rated at 245 and dynos at 210 :bigSmile:
there is less drive train loss for a manual.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts