Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Quick question: Did the IS ever come with stock headers? It looks like my car has headers but I can't see a brand anywhere. I wasn't aware it had headers when I bought it, but they don't look like the stock headers i've seen in photos.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the miscommunication... I just tend to refer as any non-stock as headers and stock as just exhaust. Here is a photo of what my car has.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Are there a pair of cats just below what is pictured? Actual headers wouldn't have cats in them. Don't take this too literally- I mean catalytic converters.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I am wondering if these are aftermarket or original. Do the stock ones have a seam weld on the sides instead of being mandrel bent?

·
Registered
82 Posts
looks more like JDM Aristo 2JZGE-vvti exhaust manifold, where first runners (Pre-Cats) are mandrel bent tubes, or an aftermarket USDM part like Flowmaster!

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Yeah, they look like replacement exhaust manifolds. The lack of a heat shield suggests a relatively inexpensive replacement. My 250K mile car came with a set like that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, apologies. My question should have been "are these stock headers?" with an accompanying picture :)

I'll find out the brand when I replace them.. I am ordering the Magnaflow's asap since my cat has gone bad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts