Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, my stock CD changer is having a hard time playing burned CDs. It doesnt read past the 6th or 7th track. I've already had my dealer change the head unit twice, but that doesnt seem to be the problem. Can anyone tell me what i should do??? Thanx.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
- try another brand cd or try burning at a slower speed?

·
Registered
39 Posts
This is what one of the tech's told me at a Lexus Dealership...CD-R's are too thick for the stock player...Just stick to purchased CD's....

·
8,827 Posts
djskyy said:
This is what one of the tech's told me at a Lexus Dealership...CD-R's are too thick for the stock player...Just stick to purchased CD's....
That's a made-up excuse. :shame:
I've been playing CDRs for years in the stock system.

However, different brand of blank disks or a different CD recorder may be needed for better results.

·
Registered
39 Posts
vlad_a said:
djskyy said:
That's a made-up excuse. :shame:
I've been playing CDRs for years in the stock system.

However, different brand of blank disks or a different CD recorder may be needed for better results.

Yea, I know it's a made up excuse for a poor designed indash changer...My changer just jammed up last week for the 1st time at 35K miles...I still love the car though... 8)

·
8,827 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
In my IS I have used cheap CD-Rs bought at Office Max. The brand is K-Hypermedia. I don't remember how much but I know they were cheap and I burn them at 10x. So far I have not had any problems and it has been about 3 years. So I really don't think it really matters the brand of CD-Rs you use.

·
8,827 Posts
SilverIS03 said:
In my IS I have used cheap CD-Rs bought at Office Max. The brand is K-Hypermedia. I don't remember how much but I know they were cheap and I burn them at 10x. So far I have not had any problems and it has been about 3 years. So I really don't think it really matters the brand of CD-Rs you use.
You've used only 1 brand. It worked. No other brands were used. Results are not conclusive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.