Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what's the size of the stock exaust piping going to the muffler?
i've got a 01 is300 and i want to pick up a muffler and weld it on once i get it back from the shop. i've searched already by the way. i saw someone say 2.5 but i'm not sure. also googled it many many times.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
2.25in is the stock sizing. most if not all aftermarket cat/axle back exhausts are 2.5in
actually the first mod i did to my car was cut off the old muffler and slap on a magnaflow
imo doesnt sound bad at all for just a new muffler. However there is pretty much no performance gain with just a new muffler. you need larger piping.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
i figured there wouldn't be much gain. yours sounds good man. thanks
well since this vid soooooo much has changed haha. this is a nice start though.

·
Registered
68 Posts
2.25in is the stock sizing. most if not all aftermarket cat/axle back exhausts are 2.5in
actually the first mod i did to my car was cut off the old muffler and slap on a magnaflow
YouTube - is300 magnaflow exhaust (higher revs)
imo doesnt sound bad at all for just a new muffler. However there is pretty much no performance gain with just a new muffler. you need larger piping.
I think it may be important to note that the 2.25 inch stock exhaust piping diameter is the overall diameter and not internal diameter.

And IS300TRD, Just swapping out that muffler makes it sound like it has a catback, I would not be able to tell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.