Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how or what to use to attach the stock front lexus L emblem to the trd grill. I tried just using the double side stick tape that was already on the emblem but it didn't work. New double side stick tape maybe?

·
Registered
503 Posts
1) Unclip the emblem off the stock grill (I had the 02 Grill so your might be different)

2) Cut the clip parts off so thats its just a flat emblem

3) pull the silver part off the plastic backing

4) gather 2 screws and washers, make sure the screws are small enought to fit throught the mesh.

5) drill a hole in the plastic backing where the chrome part will cove the hole, be sure to counter sink it so the when you put the srews in they will fit flush.

6) put the screw in the two holes you drilled and epoxy them in place.

7) Epoxy the chome part back on. let dry. At this point you should have a emblem with two screws sitcking out the back.

Thats one way of doing, there maybe different ways i dunno... hope that helps.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Intensive IS300 said:
1) Unclip the emblem off the stock grill (I had the 02 Grill so your might be different)

4) gather 2 screws and washers, make sure the screws are small enought to fit throught the mesh.

5) drill a hole in the plastic backing where the chrome part will cove the hole, be sure to counter sink it so the when you put the srews in they will fit flush.

7) Epoxy the chome part back on. let dry. At this point you should have a emblem with two screws sitcking out the back.

How about....

1) Pick up an "L" trunk emblem from your dealer for about $20

2) Peel off the backing on the adhesive that is already provided for you

3) Put emblem on grille.

Much easier, I would say... :wink:

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
craniac24 said:
Intensive IS300 said:

How about....

3) Put emblem on grille.

much easier yes, but depending on how thick his mesh is, or how far apart the holes are rather, the emblem may not stick too well. the first time you take a water hose to it I bet it would come off....

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
10secondIS said:
craniac24 said:
Intensive IS300 said:

How about....

3) Put emblem on grille.

much easier yes, but depending on how thick his mesh is, or how far apart the holes are rather, the emblem may not stick too well. the first time you take a water hose to it I bet it would come off....
that's what i would think would happen...you can also use zip ties...ghetto though

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
10secondIS said:
craniac24 said:
Intensive IS300 said:

How about....

3) Put emblem on grille.

Dozens of people on this board (myself included) have the trunk emblem on their mesh grilles. It sticks just fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts