Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I recently purchased an 02 IS, the CD player will work on disc one with unburned CD's and some burnt cd's on disc one but on the others it just skips like mad and sometimes won't even play, and when in disc one if I shut the car off and restart the player says error and will not play until I reload the CD? Can anyone help??? My Wife really dosen't want the stock HU replaced because she likes the stock look, but it may come down to that, we just really don't want to if someone can help!! :confused:

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
I have the same problem where I start the car and get "ERROR". I also load a cd and when it starts spinning I hear a scraping sound like it's spinning the cd over a pile of rocks. I learned to deal with it for the time being.
It could be worse. You could be in a Ford Focus with a shotty cd player.

·
Whatever they say I am...
2,700 Posts
Mine started off like that and eventually got completely jammed and wouldnt release any of the CD's.....There is a DIY on here if yours gets that far (it probably will). Just do a search. I fixed mine 3 times and now just refuse to break down the dash again to fix it.. :pissed:

·
Registered
32 Posts
i just finished puttin my dash back together after takin out the head unit & manually removing my discs which were not being ejected. Now the changer works fine, but hope it dosent start screwin up again...

·
11,061 Posts
Never admit to the dealer that you used any burnt CDs in that thing.

·
Registered
142 Posts
need some help.. with my stock cd changer..

Because the changer wont load any of my disc, I break the dash and took out all the disc inside the unit, now the cd changer will load the disc ok.. but it wont play it.. it display "ERROR 1"

any ideas?

btw.. my car is not under warranty, is300 2002.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts