Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
What brand cdr discs are you using? What speed are you burning them at? What model is your cdr(w)?

I burn my TDK 74 min cdr's @ 2x on my POS acer 2x2x8x cdrw and they play beautifully in the is300 stock cd player.

I had a few links on burning data/audio/psx/dc cd's and then some.. but forgot em.. one of them was with a fadden domain or directory.... Lemme see if I can find them later

-crontab -l

·
Registered
814 Posts
Was using Imation and they skipped a little. Switched to Sony and they were fine. Upgraded to a new SCSI Plextor writer and now they skip once in a while. I think it has to do with a # of things, from the quality of CDR you are using, the CD burner or probably the speed at which it is wriiten to disk. What software is everyone using??? I am using the Adaptec 4 and workls pretty well.

·
13,978 Posts
i tried using imation cdr's and they SUCK. my music started skipping right when i inserted the cd. i switched over to TDK cdr's and they work beautifully. i burn them at 8x and it works fine! it all depends on the brand that you use.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I burned one music CD that worked fine in my IS. Small data point, but it shows that it does work. It was a Memorex CD-R burned at 8X on a Sony CD-RW drive. By the way, this was a 'disc-copy' of the original CD, not a track-by-track creation.

Rob

------------------
2001 IS300
Spectra Blue Mica/Ivory
LS, LD, HH, SR, 17" wheels
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
4.7L, QuadraDrive, UpCountry
Patriot Blue, Fully loaded

·
Registered
861 Posts
fugi cd-r's dont work in my radio

Martin

Black/Ivory IS300

·
15,322 Posts
i like the acer 80 minute cdrs, they burn better, no coasters...memorex in the purple 80 minute cdrs are bad burners, for every cd with music, i have three coasters...but i am using an older cdrw...i still like the acers best...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I used tdk cd's and burht them at 12x on my plextor burner. I'm gunna try burning them on a lower speed maybe that will help.

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
I have some no-name silver/blue cdrs that will not play in almost every cd player I try, including the IS. I only use these for data cd's now, work fine for that.

For audio, I'm using blank white top verbatim blues. Very nice. Get 200 of them for $119 at outpost.com

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
I've burnt CDs on cheap CompUSA unbranded ones at 8x and they play fine in stock systems. These are probably the same ones Dysfunctional is talking about. U can see straight thru them, it just tints the world a bluish color. At $20-30 for 100, U can't go wrong...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
12 Participants
Vijay
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing