Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious...my IS300 is bone stock as far as suspension and I have taken her out to SCCA a couple times now running D Stock class. I drive her pretty hard, but not too much at hard cornering...mostly straight runs. I noticed last night while washing my rims that the most inner tread of both my front tires are almost completely worn down while the rest of the tire was wearing evenly.

I just did a search on "stock camber" and found nothing about how our cars are setup from factory.

Does anyone know if our IS300's come stock with negative camber set? If not, then am I owed a new set of front tires and an alignment check from the Lexus dealership?

I'm not disappointed at all by the handling, just didn't expect to have that much tire wear already. My car only has 20k miles.

·
Registered
360 Posts
thaiboxer said:
Just curious...my IS300 is bone stock as far as suspension and I have taken her out to SCCA a couple times now running D Stock class. I drive her pretty hard, but not too much at hard cornering...mostly straight runs. I noticed last night while washing my rims that the most inner tread of both my front tires are almost completely worn down while the rest of the tire was wearing evenly.

I just did a search on "stock camber" and found nothing about how our cars are setup from factory.

Does anyone know if our IS300's come stock with negative camber set? If not, then am I owed a new set of front tires and an alignment check from the Lexus dealership?

I'm not disappointed at all by the handling, just didn't expect to have that much tire wear already. My car only has 20k miles.
OEM alignment specs are here: http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13347925

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I called Lexus service dept. and explained my alignment and tire problem. The service manager told me that Lexus would "not" cover the alignment or the tires because both of these issues are considered "normal wear". I tried to reason with the service manager with the fact that the alignment problem may have been from factory or at least present when I purchased the car, but he repeatedly stated that Lexus was not going to be able to cover anything. He then recommended a local tire shop to perform the alignment and purchase of new tires.

I am pretty bummed that Lexus won't cover any part. Maybe mainland Lexus dealerships treat customers better :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts