Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a few questions as a new IS300 owner, I am hoping the community could help me out with.

1) How much HP can the stock engine handle?
2) What are the differences between the IS300 motor and the Supra motor?
2) What all needs to be done to add a turbo kit? (can stock motor handle it)
3) Do I need to build the block or head to add turbo?
4) What engine management system do IS300 owners use?
5) Does anyone use the HKS F-Con?
6) Does anyone know an affordable IS300 engine builder in Austin, Tx?
7) What are some good turbo kits for this car? (what kit will give me 400+hp)
8) what do you think of this turbo kit? eBay Motors: Toyota Supra 2JZ-GTE 2JZ-GE Turbo kit LEXUS IS300 SC300 (item 120236302798 end time Mar-28-08 04:20:31 PDT)

Thanks for you help guys I really appreciate it!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Ahhhhh...... so young so much to learn so innocent. I believe the answer to every one of your questions is just floating around out there. Search is your freind and good luck!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahhhhh...... so young so much to learn so innocent. I believe the answer to every one of your questions is just floating around out there. Search is your freind and good luck!
Typical response for a neon or honda forum... Is that how this community is?

·
BLACK RICAN
2,569 Posts
I have a few questions as a new IS300 owner, I am hoping the community could help me out with.

1) How much HP can the stock engine handle?
2) What are the differences between the IS300 motor and the Supra motor?
2) What all needs to be done to add a turbo kit? (can stock motor handle it)
3) Do I need to build the block or head to add turbo?
4) What engine management system do IS300 owners use?
5) Does anyone use the F-Conn EMS?
6) Does anyone know an affordable IS300 engine builder in Austin, Tx?
7) What are some good turbo kits for this car? (what kit will give me 400+hp)
8) what do you think of this turbo kit? eBay Motors: Toyota Supra 2JZ-GTE 2JZ-GE Turbo kit LEXUS IS300 SC300 (item 120236302798 end time Mar-28-08 04:20:31 PDT)

Thanks for you help guys I really appreciate it!
1 I think about 400 to 500
2 the internals are different
3 depends on how much HP you want
4 aem and greddy
5 Ummm not sure on that one
6 dont know
7 SRT and PFS
8 I dont deal with ebay when it comes to that take it to a shop and have it done right

not really he might have felt good that he is not a newbie anymore and got the same thing when he started

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 I think about 400 to 500
2 the internals are different
3 depends on how much HP you want
4 aem and greddy
5 Ummm not sure on that one
6 dont know
7 SRT and PFS
8 I dont deal with ebay when it comes to that take it to a shop and have it done right

not really he might have felt good that he is not a newbie anymore and got the same thing when he started
Thanks for the info I appreciate it...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are the supra internals better than the IS300 internals? If the supra ones are better, can I direct swap them into the IS300? Does the block have to be machined to fit the supra internals?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Actually my response was typical of a forum member who researched for 2 years before turbo'ing his IS and is amused by people that want to have their performance path answered in one easy to digest, self serving , all inclusive thread. Hit the books, then the search button and then come hit us up for anything thats holding you up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Being a new IS owner, I've been floating around in here for the past couple of days and it seems that almost all the newbies were referred to the search tool. I have had my share with a handfull of forums; so I searched instead of starting the typical newbie thread. I know I'm going to get flamed for this but, last I checked this was a FORUM not Wikipedia. Sometimes wouldn't it just be easier to throw a quick response in, and make some people feel welcome to the new community? Just my $.02

·
Registered
5 Posts
Actually my response was typical of a forum member who researched for 2 years before turbo'ing his IS and is amused by people that want to have their performance path answered in one easy to digest, self serving , all inclusive thread. Hit the books, then the search button and then come hit us up for anything thats holding you up.
Ahhh...but then again that makes so much sense!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey T67IS dont even bother responding to my threads, I don't like snobs or people who with hold information. Yes I do want a healthy dose of self served easy to digest all inclusive information in regards to my IS300 build. Is that too much to ask? I'm sure it took you just as long to type your lame response as it would have taken to provide helpfull information. People like you should have your "forum" card revoked, b/c like my friend Zombie93 said, " this is a forum not Wikipidea... In case you don't know what definition of forum is Ill tell you, "discussion board on the Internet" key word is DISCUSSION!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Hey T67IS dont even bother responding to my threads, I don't like snobs or people who with hold information. Yes I do want a healthy dose of self served easy to digest all inclusive information in regards to my IS300 build. Is that too much to ask? I'm sure it took you just as long to type your lame response as it would have taken to provide helpfull information. People like you should have your "forum" card revoked, b/c like my friend Zombie93 said, " this is a forum not Wikipidea... In case you don't know what definition of forum is Ill tell you, "discussion board on the Internet" key word is DISCUSSION!
At first I was gonna answer nicely but damn you are a lazy retard

lol ok jimbo answer these few first..

1) are you a d-bag?
2) have you ever used the search function in your entire lifetime? Have you a clue why such a feature exists?
3) Tell us just how you know thats a typical response from a neon/honda forum? I'll take a stab and say thats where your coming from :)
4) wtf is a Fconn? Do you mean HKS Fcon????! :confused:
5) why the f would you run a ghetto turbo kit from ebay? Broke?

Reactions: JayMarino

·
Registered
517 Posts
Aight man i'm gonna hook you up lovely one time....

Go grab that magical e-bay turbo kit, be sure to get the really loud bov option, throw that biatch on and tune it with a used/bootleg safc and BAM! Welcome to the enchanted world of IS boost!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
At first I was gonna answer nicely but damn you are a lazy retard

lol ok jimbo answer these few first..

1) are you a d-bag?
2) have you ever used the search function in your entire lifetime? Have you a clue why such a feature exists?
3) Tell us just how you know thats a typical response from a neon/honda forum? I'll take a stab and say thats where your coming from :)
4) wtf is a Fconn? Do you mean HKS Fcon????! :confused:
5) why the f would you run a ghetto turbo kit from ebay? Broke?
1) no...
2) yes, but not sure why its refered to by so many on a "forum"...
3) I own a srt-4 and a turbo civic thats how I know...
4) yes d-bag the HKS fcon...
5) yes I'm broke, I own 3 cars and probly have more square footage in my closet than you do your entire house.
6) so why spend 6k for a kit when I can get a similar one off ebay for 1.3K? It's called money management, oh wait let me guess you have 200 dollar shoes and a 5 thousand dollar turbo kit and a set of diamond earings to go along with your giant stack of bills and your student loans and your non existant retiremant plan, did I hit the nail on the head you ghetto ass?
7) by the way smiley faces are for 13 year old girls, let me guess you have a super uber kewl myspace page too huh???

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Aight man i'm gonna hook you up lovely one time....

Go grab that magical e-bay turbo kit, be sure to get the really loud bov option, throw that biatch on and tune it with a used/bootleg safc and BAM! Welcome to the enchanted world of IS boost!

Did you even look at the kit or do you have any referance on this kit to talk about or are you just blowing more smoke out your ass? Oh wait I got it your just mad you didnt get a GT70R your damn self, whats the matter that T67 not treating you right... LMAO One thing I did research and find was several threads on not using the T61 or T67 for the IS300... Where were you during that discussion?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
1) no...
2) yes, but not sure why its refered to by so many on a "forum"...
3) I own a srt-4 and a turbo civic thats how I know...
4) yes d-bag the HKS fcon...
5) yes I'm broke, I own 3 cars and probly have more square footage in my garage than you do in your entire little apartment.
6) So why spend 6k for a kit when I can get a similar one off ebay for 1.3K?
You own a neon and a civic and thought modding them both was a sick idea that explains alot lol..if your broke don't boost the IS period /thread
as it would cost nearly as much as your high end auto collection just for a properly built turbo IS300..drive thru and come back and see us when you saved up all your pennies

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Did you even look at the kit or do you have any referance on this kit to talk about or are you just blowing more smoke out your ass? Oh wait I got it your just mad you didnt get a GT70R your damn self, whats the matter that T67 not treating you right... LMAO One thing I did research and find was several threads on not using the T61 or T67 for the IS300... Where were you during that discussion?
take your scrawny ass over to supraforums and check out how many turbos were destroyed from the manifolds slag getting thrown into the turbo, wastegates seizing and turbos dissembling after a few hards miles..But hey its only 1.3k so its totally worth it when you have to buy quality replacement parts, get your car towed, then rinse and repeat..

your even dumber then I first thought

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
take your scrawny ass over to supraforums and check out how many turbos were destroyed from the manifolds slag getting thrown into the turbo, wastegates seizing and turbos dissembling after a few hards miles..But hey its only 1.3k so its totally worth it when you have to buy quality replacement parts, get your car towed, then rinse and repeat..

your even dumber then I first thought
It was a question not a statement, you could have just responded to my inquiry by saying" hey thats not a good turbo here is a link for further information as to why you dont want to buy that kit." Instead of further displaying your ignorance...

Scrawny LMAO this is probly coming from a 5 foot 3 inch twig with shortman syndrome...
This all coming from a guy who owns a "Silverado" as his daily driver. Can you even see over the dashboard in that big ol truck?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.