Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is it 2.25" or 2.5"?

I didn't have a lot of time to search for the answer, because I need to know this immediately (may have ordered the wrong size catalytic converter.) Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

anyone 100% positive on the size?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I have mine sitting in the garage and the tubing appears to go from 2.5" at the flange down to about 2" in diameter before hitting the resonator.

You're installing a catalytic in your b-pipe? Why not just replace the one in the Y-pipe? That's a 2.5" pipe for sure and there's already a cat there.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks

no, i have the mazzuri header and y-pipe, so i need to cut and weld a cat to the b-pipe

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Did you ever get this work done? Just curious as to how it turned out.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you ever get this work done? Just curious as to how it turned out.
you mean get the cat welded into the b-pipe? i'm planning on going tomorrow. i just put the header/y-pipe on tonight.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Yeah just curious how your project was going. What cat did you end up getting? The Magnaflow one?

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah just curious how your project was going. What cat did you end up getting? The Magnaflow one?
I ended up buying the Magnaflow Spun High-Flow CAT, #59956. That part number is for the 2.5" CAT, but you probably want to find the part # for the 2.25" CAT if you're welding it to your b-pipe (probably #59955?).

The shop was closed today, so I am waiting until monday to have the work done. I will see if they let me take pictures while the car is on the lift, and I will post them.

Hopefully I will have a chance tomorrow to install my O2 simulator. If so, I'll take pictures of that too.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I got the high-flow cat installed today. the shop ended up welding it into the y-pipe just before the flange. there is a noticable amount of added drone, feels a tad bit slower, isn't as loud at high rpm's, and it doesn't smell like pure gasoline anymore.

still to come: o2 sim install

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
I got the high-flow cat installed today. the shop ended up welding it into the b-pipe just before the flange. there is a noticable amount of added drone, feels a tad bit slower, isn't as loud at high rpm's, and it doesn't smell like pure gasoline anymore.

still to come: o2 sim install

Darn, I think that you may have lost some power there buddy...:confused: I don't know if going through all that trouble to make it quieter is worth it now. If you lost some power, it'll almost be like your going back to some regular aftermarket header. Hope that all works out for you. G/L.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Darn, I think that you may have lost some power there buddy...:confused: I don't know if going through all that trouble to make it quieter is worth it now. If you lost some power, it'll almost be like your going back to some regular aftermarket header. Hope that all works out for you. G/L.
yep, definitely lost some power. it's a painful realization. I figured going into it that i'd lose about 5 or so (after the cat was installed), but who knows. the engine still breathes a lot better over stock though, obviously. i'll need to drive it more on the highway and stuff to get a good feel for it.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh, and i would rather have a "clean" smelling car in case i were to get pulled over and the cop starts asking questions, and when i get emissions tested, so that the tester can't smell that i have straight pipes. better to be "safe" than sorry IMO

Reactions: is_300guy

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
I was wondering about this too, cause I don't want the car to be too loud so I have been debating about the Mazzuri and some other aftermarket header. I dunno...in time...I'll figure something out.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sweet bump.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts