Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
not sure if this is a repost but i came across this earlier...i know this has came up before but i havent seen anyone actually try it. although i dont think it would really do anythin since it would draw in more hot air, unless the hole went down under the fender.

~heres the original webpage...it has little more info but no dynos, blah...im curious to try this...maybe make a scoop to bring cold air into the hole from behind the foglight etc..
http://www.altezzagarage.com/myis300/airbox.html

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
In the Toyota 4x4 world we do this also.

We have found, that if you go to a boating supply store and get a "Deckplate" or a "Screwout", and cut out a hole int he airbox, then install the deckplate, you basically have an open element filter when the deckplate is open, but when you want QUIET or are playing int he water, you just close the plate and youre back to a "stock" airbox.

Plus the deckplate finishes off the hole quite nicely.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Cool. Definitely an original idea.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
try driving around with ur passanger headlight out and see if u get any top end power

Elite_IS3 said:
not sure if this is a repost but i came across this earlier...i know this has came up before but i havent seen anyone actually try it. although i dont think it would really do anythin since it would draw in more hot air, unless the hole went down under the fender.

~heres the original webpage...it has little more info but no dynos, blah...im curious to try this...maybe make a scoop to bring cold air into the hole from behind the foglight etc..

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Elite_IS3 said:
Lol well thats a given for this design. but not pretty
or what i was gonan do long time ago before i got my srt intake. was to customize my headlight where a 4 inch pvc tube goes through the high beams and leaves a big hole in ur headlight.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
CYBERTECK said:
or what i was gonan do long time ago before i got my srt intake. was to customize my headlight where a 4 inch pvc tube goes through the high beams and leaves a big hole in ur headlight.
like on some supra's?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yea, thats why its better to cut the vent at the bottom and have a hole in the fender to get air from the foglight...its safe, functions, and OEM clean. cant beat that.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Elite_IS3 said:

Man giving props to my boy Barry or HyperZ as he's called on here. This would be his MSM IS300.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts