Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suggestion on these two brand tires on my stock 17” rim 215/45/17 or any recommendation is helpful. Looking at tread life and handling.

Yoko AVS ES100

Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3

Trying to stay under the $140.00 each tire budget. Thanks

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Michelin Pilot Sports are incredible and look very aggressive

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Given the above two tires, I will vote for Yoko AVS ES100

Personally, I love my Dunlop SP9000. It's perfect to use in CA. My set has 41000 miles on it and still has a lot of meat :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YellowIS300 said:
Michelin Pilot Sports are incredible and look very aggressive
This is whats currently on my wife car. She only put 25,000 miles on the tires, already shows alot of ware. Seem that these tires are too soft. Thanks thu

·
Registered
522 Posts
lextoyis300 said:
Suggestion on these two brand tires on my stock 17” rim 215/45/17 or any recommendation is helpful. Looking at tread life and handling.

Yoko AVS ES100

Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3

Trying to stay under the $140.00 each tire budget. Thanks
The wear and performance characteristics on the F1 gsd3 will be probably be similar to that of the Michelin Pilot Sports PS2. I beleive there is a special on Tire RAck for the 225/45/17 for like $142 per tire (slightly more than your budget). Good deal if you ask me.

Based on my experience with the ES100 they handle well in its initial life, but one you put more miles, the handling suffers.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Between your 2 choices......go with the Yokohamas.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
lextoyis300 said:
This is whats currently on my wife car. She only put 25,000 miles on the tires, already shows alot of ware. Seem that these tires are too soft. Thanks thu
Does she have low profile tires? Mine has been wonderful. Low Pros are only "supposed" to last 20K miles (as the window sticker on my car indicated when I bought it)

g/luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts