madsquish
BriSalig
Obsidian_04
fourdoor
jakesellin
jtlane69
Pribilof
RH9-Altezza

IS or no IS, STL .NET is growing. Cool. If I am missing anyone, please include yourself.

·
Registered
67 Posts
alright theres a roll call and i'm new here you guys/girls care to tell me whats going on with your cars? who has the fastest car in st lou? who is complete sleeper? who has a kit on their car and what is it? no one is boosted from what i understand. katie you say you used to race what did you race? what was your best e.t. rllis300 why did you say goodbye to your is?

·
Registered
62 Posts
RH9-Altezza said:
alright theres a roll call and i'm new here you guys/girls care to tell me whats going on with your cars? who has the fastest car in st lou? who is complete sleeper? who has a kit on their car and what is it? no one is boosted from what i understand. katie you say you used to race what did you race? what was your best e.t. rllis300 why did you say goodbye to your is?
I had a 550-600 horsepower galant vr4 never took it to the track-never had time with my schedule but the guy who helped me tune it said it was a low 11 sec car in street form. I was only running 15 psi on the street. If I would have dumped some race gas in it turned the psi up to 30 and leaned it out some and messed wih timing I would have had a low 10 second car. Built it myself...Sold it at the very end of November. My WRX has about 300 horsepower.

Picture of the wrx

Katie

·
Registered
67 Posts
jtlane69 is there any particular reason that you are getting rid of the rsx? katie what are the plans for the wrx why not trade it off for an sti and start there? if ya want help with the wrx ill help when i get back from school.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
fourdoor said:
RH9-Altezza said:
I had a 550-600 horsepower galant vr4 never took it to the track-never had time with my schedule but the guy who helped me tune it said it was a low 11 sec car in street form. I was only running 15 psi on the street. If I would have dumped some race gas in it turned the psi up to 30 and leaned it out some and messed wih timing I would have had a low 10 second car. Built it myself...Sold it at the very end of November. My WRX has about 300 horsepower.

Picture of the wrx

Katie
sorry
but girls like this don't exist 8)

Hi! :eek:

·
Registered
67 Posts
very true girls like this just done exist. what do you do that you never had time to take the car out to the track? why did you sell the car? you could have been at least with in the top 10 women in the world with that car at the track. and you built it yourself thats amazing did you just not want to race it? because women drivers seem to be coming from every where now.

·
Registered
652 Posts
goldark you coming to st. louis?

how's the TBKO S/C doing in the chicago winter?? :wink:

if you come to STL, I want a ride!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
RH9-Altezza said:
very true girls like this just done exist. what do you do that you never had time to take the car out to the track? why did you sell the car? you could have been at least with in the top 10 women in the world with that car at the track. and you built it yourself thats amazing did you just not want to race it? because women drivers seem to be coming from every where now.
My work schedule mainly. I work 330am-1200 so its hard to get it to the track. Second it wasn't very reliable. It was damn fun I'll tell you that. Its AWD and would literally smoke the tires when I romped on it in first. Why did I sell it-because I owned the car for about 5 years and I only put 1,000 miles on it. I was tired of it breaking down all the time-when you have that much horsepower in a car that came factory with 200 hp things tend to break. I love working on cars but it was becoming ridiculous. I pulled the tranny twice in one month with hand tools, no air compressor yet,(I only weigh 120 pounds and doing this by myself sucks) and said forget it-not worth it.

Plus it wouldn't pass emissions or inspection and I didn't feel like messing with it anymore. Another reason why I sold it was because I would have to put anywhere from 3,000-5,000 dollars into it to be able to take it to the track since it would have definitely been in the 10s I would need a roll cage, driveshaft loop, harnesses, and seats for starters. That car had everything except nitrous. I put in a 2.3 stroker so it had a crap load of torque in it (hence the smoking tires when I got on it).

I will get the subaru build up in due time.

Women drivers are becoming more abundant. I have been in the racing game for about 5 or 6 years. But I don't deal with pidley crap-a lot of girls I see driving have altezzas on there honda and they think they are hot stuff......

Why I don't trade in my car for an sti is simple-the price difference is not worth it. My car has 300 horsepower in it right now and it costed me 1,000 dollars and the difference between the two is about 7,000. The six speed tranny isn't a big deal for me. I can put 7,000 in my wrx and be running high 11s low 12s easy....

Katie

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ISthree00 said:
goldark you coming to st. louis?

how's the TBKO S/C doing in the chicago winter?? :wink:

if you come to STL, I want a ride!!!
What he said!

·
Registered
123 Posts
i'm more show than go, although if i had the loot, i would go boost in a heartbeat. i guess the srt intake will have to do...still havent gotten it, and i am :pissed: oh, pics are in my sig...

·
Registered
130 Posts
RH9-Altezza said:
oh and something else about the roll call how old is everyone??
26 here.

BTW - Welcome to the board! :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
good luck on working a deal for your is. keep us informed on whats going on i know myself and others here are soon to be looking. which brings me to a question for all of you what do you think the 2005 holds in store for the is. would it be worth the while to wait and see what comes around?[/quote]

·
Registered
130 Posts
jtlane69 said:
I will be going into plaza on Wednesday to start working on a deal for the IS, wish me better luck that I had at Mungenst.

JT
When I talked with Plaza (before buying my IS with St. Louis Lexus) They took 2K right off the bat. I spoke with a lady in internet sales. I can't remember her name, but you might want to check their website to see if they are running any specials. Good Luck man! :wink:

1 - 20 of 192 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.