Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Stillen exhaust along with the body kit... but the rear valence is very close to my exhaust tip... is there anything I can do to protect my bumper from the heat & to avoid it from "blacking out"... I have a white car, so it's very noticeable!!

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!!

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
Roswell said:
I have the Stillen exhaust along with the body kit... but the rear valence is very close to my exhaust tip... is there anything I can do to protect my bumper from the heat & to avoid it from "blacking out"... I have a white car, so it's very noticeable!!

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!!
nope. that sucker looks like it will burn, not just blacken out... there may be some sort of head shielding you can put up, but it probably won't look good...

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
irv_usc, I saw your other post... it looks like you have the same problem/concern as me. Frankly, if there is such a thing as a "heat shield"... I'm in no matter how it will look on the car. I guess it will still look better than a burned bumper :wink: !!

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
Roswell said:
irv_usc, I saw your other post... it looks like you have the same problem/concern as me. Frankly, if there is such a thing as a "heat shield"... I'm in no matter how it will look on the car. I guess it will still look better than a burned bumper :wink: !!
LOL I definitely would NOT look at my bumper for reference. It is damaged by a hit and run, So it definitely is not in good shape to begin with. anyhow if you are interested you might search for heat resistant shielding. I think there is a tape form of it.. might be able to find some at an auto parts store.. in the exhaust area... looks like aluminum foil basically. i'm not sure for your exhaust though, since it doesn't extend past the bumper. the hot gasses will basically come out right there. maybe you can get a longer tip for your exhaust?

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Go to any auto parts store and find some "longer" rubber hangers to give it a bit more clearance. Note that this might take some clearance away from the under side of the exhaust and if might be easier to scrape it going up/down inclines.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
Roswell
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing