Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
HITEK said:
http://www.i-m-racing.com/stilsporrotl.html <-- The brake rotors I'm planning to get.

I'm planning to replace my front and my back rotors. Are cross-drilled rotors any good? Im planning to use my stock brake pads.

Suggestions, comments?
as i hear all the time, they're more susceptible to cracking. how much are you getting them for? if you want cross drilled and slotted, or just slotted, you can get them for cheaper... just for looks too right? i'm nearly positive your rotors won't help your braking that much...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I'm just doing this for looks. Really, cross drilled rotors will most likely crack? Are slotted rotors better? The price that the store is offering me is $289 for a pair. What store offers them at a cheaper price?

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
HITEK said:
Yeah I'm just doing this for looks. Really, cross drilled rotors will most likely crack? Are slotted rotors better? The price that the store is offering me is $289 for a pair. What store offers them at a cheaper price?
hm for just a pair?

rotora slotted or bradi cross drilled and slotted - try pm'ing Steve from carson toyota. not sure if they carry the stillens...

anyhow i think it takes a long time to crack. pretty sure you're safe under normal driving conditions...

hope that helps.

·
Registered
107 Posts
What about warping... How often do rotors warp? How extreme does the braking environment have to be to cause cracking or warping?

What brands are suggested? Which ones should we stay away from?

I was thinking of getting some brembos for the front and raybestos for the rear... both are cross drilled and sloted. Are there any complaints or positive comments on these two brands?

Sorry to ask so many questions... just a lil curious.

Thanks in advace! 8)

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
is3OO_kid said:
What about warping... How often do rotors warp? How extreme does the braking environment have to be to cause cracking or warping?

What brands are suggested? Which ones should we stay away from?

I was thinking of getting some brembos for the front and raybestos for the rear... both are cross drilled and sloted. Are there any complaints or positive comments on these two brands?

Sorry to ask so many questions... just a lil curious.

Thanks in advace! 8)
how about stoptech front-rear one??? i hear they perform better than Brembo's.

check PLP site, as they carry them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
blueIS
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing