Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knows the brand of stereo that comes in the IS300. I was going to ship a MD changer for the car from Japan and want to get the same brand. I think its either Nakamichi or Pioneer but not sure.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I have heard Pioneer, Sony or Fujitsu Ten

I don't know for sure which but I am guessing
Fujitsu Ten or perhaps Pioneer. Sorry that I don't have a certain answer for you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its the same stereo thats offerred in the Altezza though?? Or not sure?? Based on the pictures I have seen its looks it though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I got to test the sound system at my local Lexus dealer, as they have a production model for demonstration.

(This is Lexus of Tacoma @ Fife, WA: for those of you wanting to see it in person.)

The system is designed by Pioneer and with its 240 Watts of power it sounds great. Those 6X9’s are great; they provide really deep bass, as if a subwoofer was present.

DZ

·
Registered
24 Posts
Fujitsu 10 supplies the IS300's sound system, most dealer's don't know this yet and are used to Pioneer as the stock system in previous model in the Lexus lineup. Nakamichi will no longer be offered in the Lexus models in 2001.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts