Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As much as I love the IS300, I have never been in one before. I know the premium Toyota radio in the Camry with 6 speakers sounds great. I am guessing that this stereo is closely related to the one in the camry. Besides jammed CD's, how does it sound? Bass? Treble?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think the stock stereo sounds great. It is well balanced with bass and treble and even has some mids on the door. I think it is one of the loudest and most clear stock stereo's I have heard. Just my opinion though....

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Originally posted by CarCrazy:
As much as I love the IS300, I have never been in one before. I know the premium Toyota radio in the Camry with 6 speakers sounds great. I am guessing that this stereo is closely related to the one in the camry. Besides jammed CD's, how does it sound? Bass? Treble?
I've never had the jammed CD problem, and I love the stereo. If you want to be ghetto fabulous and annoy your neighbors and get nasty chicks to turn their heads as you pimp down the road, this stereo prolly won't cut it, but in all seriousness, I think this is a GREAT stock stereo. Crisp treble, deep bass, and decent clarity all around. It could maybe use another 2 channels, but your best bet is to stop in the dealership on al unch break w/ your favorite CD and give it a good listen. I did that and was very impressed...

[ April 18, 2001: Message edited by: s0yb0mb ]

·
Registered
180 Posts
Definitely the nicest stock stereo I've heard in a car. But I have to admit, I could live with some more bass. That's why I'm installing my 15".

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I must agree with those who said this is the best stock stereo I have ever experienced. Although, I wouldn't go so far as to put the words deep & bass in the same sentence to describe the stereo
But I come from the school of two 12's so...

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Originally posted by jdogg:
I must agree with those who said this is the best stock stereo I have ever experienced. Although, I wouldn't go so far as to put the words deep & bass in the same sentence to describe the stereo
But I come from the school of two 12's so...
Well I come the school of stock stereos so I think it sounds great... my mom has an LS400 and I think my car sounds better than hers, no question about it.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
Had many lexus'

Best stock stereo's I've ever heard.
Have the nakamichi in the RX300 and it's amazing...

Our stereos are freakin nice.
I have a 10" in the trunk pass through for a little more bass.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have not experinced the problem with the CD jamming. However has anyone put an aftermarket Nav system into the IS or removed the entire system for TV head unit? I think the Stereo system in the IS from pioneer? Can anyone confirm that?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Hey Sophie:
Did you have a custom enclosure built??? If so how big is it??? I want to do somethin like that as well with a 12" or two
But need to keep as much trunk space as possible

·
Registered
160 Posts
RodGRP--- The factory head unit is from Eclipse...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hey,
I got a picture of my car with 2 10s JL installed with little to barely any trunk space occupied. My installers were able to flush out the little cargo space where to hump rises to cover that area. If anyone knows how to post a pic on here, I can put it on the site. I also got a pic of my GGP IS with tinted windows pics too, if you guys want to see that too. Lata

·
Registered
115 Posts
I got to 12" Alpine subs in a unreal box ( I work at a sound system place)! I have the amp showing and then the two subs covered by the L from the Lexus logo cut out of wood to protect the two subs so it acts like a cover! any q's? just ask

·
8,107 Posts
My understanding is Eclipse is a brand name for Matsu****a, like Panasonic. Is Fujitsu also a Matsu****a brand? I don't think so. Confused.

Originally posted by Lexus_IS300:
factory head unit is produced by Fujitsu Ten which happens to also produce eclipse...dont get it mixed up.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Originally posted by ckolsen:
My understanding is Eclipse is a brand name for Matsu****a, like Panasonic. Is Fujitsu also a Matsu****a brand? I don't think so. Confused.

Originally posted by Lexus_IS300:
[qb]factory head unit is produced by Fujitsu Ten which happens to also produce eclipse...dont get it mixed up.
[/QB]

what??

·
Registered
63 Posts
Eclipise is a competition series quality car stereo company by FUJITSUTEN. They are mostly used in Toyotas. Mastsu****a (largest electonic company in the world) owns Alpine, pansonic, quasar, technics, national, and other companies. IS300 is definitely not doubt got one of the best "stock" car stereo in the world.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts