Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Carbon Fiber interior looks a little too wild for my tastes, but trunk setup looks sweet. Love the exhaust too. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
355 Posts
All I can say is WOW, I respect you for putting so much time in it. I think it looks great, maybe when I get my IS .. you can give me some pointers? But, It does look great, and keep up the good work!

------------------
******CAR FOR SALE IN BAY AREA********

1985 Corvette, Black, 61,000 Miles on it. New Rims, Tires, Everything Automatic, A/C, seats automatic ..windows.

Always garaged, immaculate condition

Asking price *****PRICE DROP***** 8,500.00 is the NEW asking price.
Contact me on this board or at [email protected]

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Looks good, man...

Scott.

------------------
...yet another proud owner of a fully loaded Graphite Gray Pearl '01 IS300

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey, question? Is that the carbon fiber trim kit from Joshua Tree? How hard was it to do the instrument pod surround. Your thoughts on the option to do an all brazillian wood kit from Joshua Tree instead? Your carbon fiber kit looks great!
I don't think the photos do the kit justice. It looks better in person.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Is it reallt worth it getting a flase floor put in for subwoofers.. is it easy to do and how much does it cost?
I have a box right now but it takes up too much space.. im thinking of a false floor but nsure if it is wise to do so

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Originally posted by DonCorleone:
BADASS
dunno about the carbon fiber, but thats all you man. congrats
no spare though, huh?

ps..coming soon to a inside and out near you
it's already in inside and out...

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
sebastian:

It looks to me in some of the rear pics that you have the body colored tailights. Is this True?

If it is i would like to know where you got them from and for how much?

thanks

·
Registered
653 Posts
Sweet pics of the car man! I like the exhaust also. But wheres your spare?

------------------
2001 Lexus IS300
Black Onyx/Fully Equipped
18" Katana Spazios coming soon!
Dont start none and there wont be none!
Public Advocate for IS300.net members

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well ya, no spare anymore guys. but if im just around where i live which isn't a big city its really no big deal. if I go on a trip its no prob just to throw the spare in the trunk..the false floor is very strong and doesn't mess up the sound at all. the speakers have a wire grill on them so they wont get hurt. not sure where the carbon fiber was made, or what kind sorry. im still not sure how much i like that or not. the tail lights are just the stocks though. The whole install was about $500. I thought it was a little much at first but then after I saw how good of a job the guy did and how much time and work he put into it i was very happy with the result. The sound is clean and if I want to it can crank pretty high but I dont really go around boomin to much...i was also going to put just a box back there...but i thought this would be the best way to go and now i believe that to be true...thats if you can live without your spare being with you all the time. (i can, 4 each his own right) later

Thanks for the feedback..

------------------

·
Registered
96 Posts
This is exactly what I'm talking about.
Look at that Ugly Dash stick on tape on this Lexus.
What would ever posses someone to put that **** on their dash?

Very Very Ugly!

·
Registered
756 Posts
That Carbon Fiber kit is very similar to mine, there are a few differences around the air control knobs. The single strip that is on your glove box is dead center on the bar above the glove box on mine. I had mine installed by a shop down here in Orange county.

------------------
~DownShift~
Millenium Silver Metalic
Carbon Fiber / Spoiler

·
Registered
756 Posts
Originally posted by sebastian:
got any pics?

I'll have some soon!!!!!
Just need to get the film developed and scan the pics.

------------------
~DownShift~
Millenium Silver Metalic
Carbon Fiber / Spoiler

·
Registered
38 Posts
Originally posted by mccarlin:
sebastian:

It looks to me in some of the rear pics that you have the body colored tailights. Is this True?

If it is i would like to know where you got them from and for how much?

thanks
Pretty easy to see in the daylight posts
that he hasn't done anything to the
tail lights. Any time you take a flash
picture, especially from a downward angle,
you'll have light refraction, hence the
blackout look on the pics at the bottom
of the page...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
14 Participants
donerb
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing