Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On an IS350 with no nav and no sat radio,
What is the graphic with bars at the bottom left corner under ASL? If that is a signal strength indicator, what is it the strength of? Satellite signal?

In mine it is never more than one or two bars. I can't believe that if it is the satellite signal, that it would be that weak if I ever decided to get XM.

Also, is only the sat radio antenna actually in the shark fin or does that serve the FM/AM as well? I think I read somwhere the FM/AM may be in the roof.

Couldn't find any of this in the owner manual - thanks

·
Registered
201 Posts
If the Automatic Sound Leveliser (ASL) is set to "ON", it bascially compensates for ambient/background noise levels & adjusts the volume/other audio sound parameters accordingly. For example, driving faster or over a roughly paved road, you would normally see more bars on the graphic strength indicator i.e. more ambient noise & ASL will move to compensate accordingly. That's the theory behind the function anyway - with 4years in a 2nd Gen RX & another 2years in an 2nd Gen IS, I have not noticed any perceptable differences between ASL "ON" & "OFF"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks.

For me, the graphic goes up and down randomly, with no change in volume. Pretty worthless feature if you ask me. Should have filled out my customer satisfaction survey!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts