Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about buying a 2002 IS. I currently have a pretty nice stereo system in my car. I would want to keep the Lexus stereo system in the Lexus. Can you put an amp with a sub to the Lexus steroe system??

-scott d.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just had it done. Xtant 300 watt sub amp with a pre-made Boston Acoustics 10" woofer enclosure. The amp sits on the small hump in the trunk against the back seat. The woofer sits on top of the amp with enough clearance for the heat sinks, and point toward the opening to the cabin. Powerful and clean.

Spoiler

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Did mine back in July, thought I would have to use an RCA converter, but realized my amp has hi-input's, so I tapped off the rear deck speakers to the amp, then to my JL W3's and they pound very nicely. Very easy. If you don't have an amp with hi-input's on them, then you just have to buy an RCA converter for like $20. I have the box in the trunk, facing the rear and the amp is mounted on the under side of the rear deck so it's completely out of the way. I will post pics soon, also have to take pics of the RMM rear lip spoiler!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts