Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 219 Posts

·
THE MAKER
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,
Since we are now working with PPE on developing some exhaust products I thought I would throw this out there because it has always been a project I want to take on but knew that I would never be able to support it since it would be labor intensive.

The goal list:
-Stepped primary runners to aid in scavenging for low end power.
-Length optimized for top end peak flow and longer length prior to collector.
-As many single tubing sections as possible to reduce butt weldments. Even though it might look cool to have a bunch of macaroni noodles every weld is an opportunity to create a distribution in flow.

We would do a short run and probably need to do a few iterations but I wanted to start a thread to see how many would be interested and what everyone's input would be. In addition to the NA header I would also look at a SC compatible header coupled with a modified version of our heatshield .

Here is a sample of PPE's quality.
-Brazed primary weldment to the manifold to prevent cracking and stress.

-CNC cut and surfaced flanges.

-true cone merged collector, IS would be potentially 6:1 or 3:2:1

Give me some cost targets as we will work to them. no guarantee on timeline but I wanted to at least mention it as its something we want to work in.

Thanks Mike

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Looking forward to development but all i can say is...

Lets get ready to rumble! (FIGS vs DEZOD)

Personally I would like to see 1 single tube flange at the end, none of this two flange shit like the stock/megan/mazzuri etc have.

I would like it also to be a 3" straight pipe out from the header and then be able to step down the exhaust as it goes down toward the muffler.

With good gains, I can pay anywhere between $1-$1000 as long as they are decent. For the best performance and gains (powerband is HUGE not just the top end or mid end or whatever) I can see paying $1k+

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I'm interested in this or the dezod, basically whichever provides the better low-mid range I'm in for, especially if it's sub 1k, but realistically if the gains warrant it I'd pay up to 12-1300(I paid 975 for a 4 banger, why not a little more for an inline 6 LOL)

·
Registered
233 Posts
I've been watching the Dezod header development closely. I am interested in a NA header that gains low end.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Competition is always a good thing! I would be very interested in a set! If you all come out with a supercharger compatible variant, you should come up with a supercharger kit haha

On a side note, never realized you were located in Golden. If i would have known that, I would have loved to have visited the shop when I was up there frequently. (Hooray for the Coors factory!)

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
If you develop a pro-charger kit then you would have me sold on a set. I love the self contained units!

·
Registered
391 Posts
If you develop a pro-charger kit then you would have me sold on a set. I love the self contained units!
Yes yes yes. Amen to this!

From the reading I've been doing, there seems to be a lot of building interest in a kit.

·
THE MAKER
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. As far as an SC kit it would be hard to justify the liability. I still have NOVI2000 body that I purchased some years ago hoping to develop a kit. There are a lot of things to consider.
Phil anytime you are nearby let me know and I can give you a lab tour :)
Mike

·
Registered
363 Posts
This is awesome seeing another company develop headers, id really like to get some good gains for NA...cant wait to see the end result

·
Registered
391 Posts
thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. As far as an SC kit it would be hard to justify the liability. I still have NOVI2000 body that I purchased some years ago hoping to develop a kit. There are a lot of things to consider.
Phil anytime you are nearby let me know and I can give you a lab tour :)
Mike
Yeah, that would be awesome! I think I may have to head up there sometime soon before summer ends.

·
Registered
500 Posts
id sell mine and go for something better power and reliability always nice to get both the 3in would be a big deal for me lets see what you got

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
Interesting ....

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm part of that group that wants something better than megan and obx, but doesn't really wanna spend 1k on headers for a 9k car. Anything less than about 750 i think i could justify, but i'd personally just have a hard time justifying the price if it was much more than that. (unless ungodly power gains are found and/or packaged with o2 delete)lol

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'm also interested in purchasing a set. Figs stands by their products and if the gains are good we all will be willing to pay top dollar for a set. 3in piping does sound interesting to me. the thought alone brings excitement as if Christmas is around the corner. please produce these soon and start the group buy already =)

1 - 20 of 219 Posts