Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently put on my snow tires for the winter. I've notice that whenever I accelerate my car up to 65mph and up, my steering wheel begins to shake. Any speeds under 65, the steering wheel would be fine. You guys know what the problem is?

Ohh yea, I have the Dunlop M2 tires.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Did the tire shop re-balance your new tires on the rims? (it sounds like you are using the stock rims, yes?).

There is a good resource on vibration and balance on www.tirerack.com. It's under a large list of tutorials and guides.

Around 60mph is always when you'll feel the most noticable vibration in the steering wheel.

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Rav4skyracer said:
baadhabit said:
AltezzaBoy03 said:
they might be damaged...
yeah thats what i was thinking too. check for bents.
If my wheels had bents, wouldn't I feel the vibration before 60mph?
no. not necessarily.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought a set of 16 inch winter tires and have also experienced the same problem. I did have them balanced and were brand new. After a couple of hundred kilos I haven't experienced any more heavy vibrations.

May I just suggest simply washing your car. Every time it really snows up here in Canada, my wheel wells get covered in snow and the build up makes the steering wheel vibrate like hell around 60 mph. Hope this helps

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.