Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have drove the IS300 and found that when you make a turn, the steering wheel doesn't come back as quick as my other car do (RX, ES, GS)....anyone knows why? Is this the character of the car or something is wrong?

thanks

·
Registered
759 Posts
I kind of like this...gets you more involved with driving the car...no lazy lose hand steering!

------------------
2001 Lexus IS300 (Solar Yellow)
Being installed as we speak:Cast iron turbo exahust manifold, 3 in downpipe, Spearco front mount intercooler, Garret TO4E turbocharger with V-band, air intake charger pipe and air filter, turbo charger heat shield, steelbraided oil feed line and oil return lines, HKS super-sequential blow-off valve, Turbonetics racegate wastegate, 550cc injectors, MSD DIS 4 digital ignition, Haltech E6K engine managment system, Haltech S3 sensor, Terminated wiring harness, Toyomoto crank trigger wheel and hub assembly, powdercoated pipes, power steering cooling lines, thermal heat resistant wire loom...and then there's the outside!

**SOLD** 98 Accord EX V6 coupe
AEM Intake, Comptech Headers, Random Tech high-flow cat, GReddy dual MX exhaust, BLTI Carbon Fiber Ignition cables, eibach springs, Axis wheels with Nittos, Wings West Spoiler.
15.1 @ 92 mph

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so from what you are saying, it's normal this way?

guess I have to get use to this, got numerous over steer (steer too much) the first few time driving it.....

·
8,880 Posts
I've been driving my IS for the past 7 months. Just drove 98 Altima. Driving it felt so weird. Felt like the steering wheel was pushing to go back too hard (among a whole bunch of other things). I guess, you just have to get used to the IS. I absolutely love it. Feels natural.

·
8,880 Posts
IS's steering is extremely good. From what I read, second to BMW. In my opinion, it is better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts