Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to see if anyone here ever swaped it out, is the JDM Altezza steering and airbag the same color as our IS?? I would install this instead of the stock wheel/bag but don't want to have a difference in color with the rest of the dash/interior.

thanks in advance....

·
8,827 Posts
The only time you're supposed to see the color of the airbag is when it blows. :lol: I wouldn't care if it was rainbow-colored. :wink: :lol:

·
8,827 Posts
This is what you should not see 2 seconds before impact:

The white "buble" is the airbag.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know what an airbag is... thanks anyway!! But what I want to know is the color of the steering and air bag "cover"... what you press on to honk the horn.... I know the Altezza is grey too, but is it the same tone of grey as ours??

·
8,827 Posts
Judging from the pictures, short of the grey inserts, the steering wheel, as well as airbag cover, is very much the same color.

·
8,827 Posts
AltezzaPete said:
The next question is will the 99' Altezza airbag work with an 02' Is300 computer? First impression would say "of course", yet the 01' and 02-03' airbag part numbers are different.
Why not use the orignal IS300 airbag, provided it fits the steering wheel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.