1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, even though we've been experiencing above normal
temperatures here in Ontario for November ---> I decided it might
be a good idea to throw on my winters anyway...I'm sure it will
snow sooner or later.... So ya; bring it on.

In the mean time enjoy the blurry-ass pics;

Here is a linky to the whole gallery ----> http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/v/boman/is_nov/?g2_statusId=x92ced5bd&g2_navId=xe107943b

I am running RAV-4 16" steelies painted black with Happa 1's...

J

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
zerokarma said:
How much did the RAV-4 16" steelies cost?
3 years ago, I paid Cdn$75 a piece at the dealership. I was told they are normally Cdn$100 a piece.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
i got 17" ones from Crappy tire for my blizzaks...i think they were like 70$ each..i tihnk

·
Registered
444 Posts
The ones from crappy are bolt centric, that means they rest on the bolts and cause them to shear. If you get rav4 rims the are hub centric which are better!

·
Registered
345 Posts
I got the same ones (RAV4) for $65 each from:

Steelcase Tires N Mags Inc
905-479-8884
187 Steelcase Road West,
Markham, ON

It even included the centre Lexus cap.
This was in Dec. 2003.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I feel your pain. I had to do the same thing.

·
Registered
364 Posts
This is my first winter with an IS (that came with some steelies and winter tires). How is it? I know you guys get some rough winters in T.dot too, and here in Hali, its the same way.

Are you able to go everywhere with the winters, or is it still impossible to drive the RWD in the winter regardless?

·
Registered
453 Posts
chiller said:
This is my first winter with an IS (that came with some steelies and winter tires). How is it? I know you guys get some rough winters in T.dot too, and here in Hali, its the same way.

Are you able to go everywhere with the winters, or is it still impossible to drive the RWD in the winter regardless?

not impossible but near impossible..lol. J/K. just drive slowly and safely don't boot it around cause if you gas too hard you'll just slide back and forth not moving anywhere.

you should be able to get around fine cause i know i do just takes a little longer then usual but u'll get to where ever you need to go eventually.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I thought Rav4 steels rims won't clear the front calipers on US IS300s.

I want to purchase a set since I'm riding on some bent up 16" fox sport rims with blizzaks.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
GSX2004 said:

I want to purchase a set since I'm riding on some bent up 16" fox sport rims with blizzaks.

They fit over my calipers no problem! Not even an issue...most
IS's I see running steel rims for winters use the Rav4's.

Hope this helps.

j

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
GSX2004 said:

The Rav4 steelies are a tight fit with the calipers. However, they clear. I wouldn't say there is a ton of room, but they clear.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
chiller said:

The winters in TO are nothing compared to what we get in AB. We get pretty harsh winters here and the people I know with IS300s are fine. Same goes with BMW and MB owners with RWD. All you need is a good set of winter tires and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'm riding on 17" Nokian WR 225.45 on stock rims. No unplanned winter driving excursions.

As Platinum288 said, "all you need is a good set of tires and you'll be fine".

1 - 18 of 18 Posts