Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm new here and I've been browsing the site looking for options to install an aux cord directly through the factory headunit through the tape input. I wanted to remove the tape deck and instead run an aux cable from the head unit but can't find any instructions or schematics to solder it directly onto the board.

It'd be great if someone could explain to me if this can be done.

Thanks a bunch ^_^

·
Registered
35 Posts
you can buy something like this

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EUZ8K02/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

thats the link to the exact link i have.

simply pull out the headunit and there a port in the rear that will take in that plug from the device.
you will lose cd functionality with this but i doubt you use cds anymore.

to make it even more convenient, you can hook up a bluetooth adapter and then stream wirelessly. just make sure you get the device that has aux and usb so you dont have to use your cigarette lighter plug to power it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you can buy something like this

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EUZ8K02/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

thats the link to the exact link i have.

simply pull out the headunit and there a port in the rear that will take in that plug from the device.
you will lose cd functionality with this but i doubt you use cds anymore.

to make it even more convenient, you can hook up a bluetooth adapter and then stream wirelessly. just make sure you get the device that has aux and usb so you dont have to use your cigarette lighter plug to power it
Thank you!!!
however I've already considered something like this and would prefer to keep CD functionality if possible.

I have an idea of how to connect the aux inputs to the board, however I need to find a way to short the pins running the tape deck so that the system is tricked into thinking a tape is in the deck (when in reality there's not even a deck installed)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thank you!!!
however I've already considered something like this and would prefer to keep CD functionality if possible.

I have an idea of how to connect the aux inputs to the board, however I need to find a way to short the pins running the tape deck so that the system is tricked into thinking a tape is in the deck (when in reality there's not even a deck installed)
ohh okay i see. before i bought that items i mentioned, i found some youtube videos of people soldering wires to the headunit board to replace tape functionality. unfortunately i do not have links for it, but they are around! good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts