Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I was driving at about 45 and seen and felt my rpms drop slightly and then it stalled (automatic trans btw)
When I checked the codes it was a misfire codes and evap code checked my spark plugs found 5 6 burnt like they were sparking but not combusting changed the plugs she started up fine ran with no issue till a few miles later and the evap code popped back up now I try to start her and she stalls out almost immediately after ignition please
help.

·
Registered
253 Posts
What EVAP trouble code did you get? Was it a random cylinder misfire (P0300), or cylinder specific? What does the freeze frame data tell you? Which code was detected first?

My guess is your EVAP valves (CCV, VSV) are sticking and your engine is aspirating from the charcoal canister at improper times (all the time, perhaps). This can definitely skew the air/fuel mixture and can definitely cause a stall.

In the Diagnostics and wiring manual for these cars, there is a COMPREHENSIVE listing of all diagnostic trouble codes, how they work, how they're laid out in the car, how they're wired, how to diagnose, etc etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The misfires came first and it started to stall at low rpms randomly then changed the plugs and ignition coils it stopped and then the evap code came and it started to misfire again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts