Lexus IS Forum banner

121 - 140 of 470 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
The Stance have arrived!!!!!!!!!!!! All sets starting to ship today in the proper order they were received. It will take a few days to ship everything out, so tracking numbers will trickle into your emails.
Does that mean just the recent container, or the additional sets as well?

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
i want them sooooo bad... saving up..

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Just wanted to send a thanks out to THmotorsports.
I was worried these wouldn't come in before oh2k9 but sure enough they did! I installed them Monday afternoon and love them! Really can't say enough about them! Thank you!

·
4,636 Posts
Those look hot Monty! Have fun at OH2K9 i wish i could go but i spent my money racing at the june sprints. And i hope to get them soon maybe if i get them by friday ill install them saturday. how long did the install take you and how hard is it to set the ride height for all 4 cornors? and does the spring pre-load come pre set or is that something i need to setup. i hope it comes pre set cause i know having the wrong pre load can jack the cars weight somewhere else.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Those look hot Monty! Have fun at OH2K9 i wish i could go but i spent my money racing at the june sprints. And i hope to get them soon maybe if i get them by friday ill install them saturday. how long did the install take you and how hard is it to set the ride height for all 4 cornors? and does the spring pre-load come pre set or is that something i need to setup. i hope it comes pre set cause i know having the wrong pre load can jack the cars weight somewhere else.
Thanks a lot bro!

as far as the installation goes, it was very straight forward if you can use common sense or have any prior experience because the directions included with the coils are very vague and didn't help at all..

*Let me start this by saying this was my first coilover install, with that said I can promise I could do it twice if not three times as fast the next time. I started getting it off the ground at about 1030am and was completely done adjusting and test driving, 'fine tuning' as I called it, by 6pm.

Height adjustment is super easy really. What I did to kind of get an idea of where I wanted it was once I had the stock setup out, I measured it from the top to the mount for the LCA and then measured out where I thought I would want the ride on the stances prior to installing them.. Once I had them installed, I threw on the wheels and put it back on the ground to see where it was at. Then I re-measured all four corners from the ground to fender lip, figured out how much lower I wanted to go and from there made the miniscule adjustments I needed. put it back up on jacks, loosened the lower coller and simply twisted the shock down to where I wanted it, 1/4" here, 3/8" there.. measure and repeat. Although I don't have it exactly dialed in the way I would like (want the front a tad lower but I'm waiting for them to settle a bit), it really was simple to adjust and I am very happy with my choice in Stance.

One piece of advice; Use an Impact gun.. You'll thank me later ;) sure did make my life easier!

*Again this was my first time doing any of this on any car and your own results may vary. I am simply explaining the work that I did, and I'm sure there are plenty of different ways to do things.. I am by no means a professional! /disclaimer, :lol:

·
Vendor
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
building them? do they get sent over here in parts?
Yep, everything comes in pieces. The shock bodies are assembled, but the brackets, top mounts, springs, etc need to be mounted and properly torqued by hand. There is no machine that does this work.

Edward

121 - 140 of 470 Posts