Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see alot of you finding stains on the car ususally yellow in color. Its not a defect in the paint, its the tire dressing that the dealers are using. They contain silicon oil, and this is whta staining the bumpers especially, and body panels. Every other color get stained too but on white you notice it much more. Use only non-silicone base tire dressings. The only way to take out the stains is if you repaint the panels, and i rather stay with the stains

------------------

·
Registered
7 Posts
Interesting. However, the yellow stains I found were no where near my tires. One small spot in the center of the back bumper. Three dot like spots on the trunk. Four or five dot like spots on the front bumper facing forward.

If that is the reason, is there something we can do to protect the paint from it? Does all paint stain with these tire dressings or is there something specific about the lexus paint?

Phil
White 2001 IS 300

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey phil,
the only thing that you can do is make sure you only use formula 2001 or armor all on your tires. None of these two have silicone in the them. good luck, Adrey

------------------

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
ISisBEST
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing