Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hope this is the appropriate forum..

i took off my drager the other day and replaced it with the stock exhaust (just to see the difference in performance/sound) and i ended up putting the drager back on the next day. anyhow, i was cleaning it while it was off, but on the tip, there are some stains that look like oxidation that absolutely won't come off, even with a chrome polish.

i have two questions
1) how do i get those stains out? they look like shiet.
2) how did they get there in the first place? it looks like water just dripped on it, and i didn't think water could do that much damage to the metal.

thanks in advance

-eric

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
James Hong said:
Mothers Aluminum Mag Polish [found at any auto store]
I agree with James, Mothers Aluminum Mag Polish is a great product for cleaning all metals especially the exhaust. I used this to clean up my stock exhaust it comes out brand new like it came off the showroom of a dealership. I recommend this product to anyone.

-Ringo

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
James Hong said:
Mothers Aluminum Mag Polish [found at any auto store] with sos abrasive pads [found at any grocery store] :wink:
bought and used it today. it works well on the hiper, but I'm not sure if it works better than other products (friend and i did dual tailpipes on his M3, he did one and i did the other.....i'm not sure what he used, but it turned out pretty much the same as the Mothers)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.