Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to be staging an automatic from a full stop... Because when I ran my friend's WRX... he was staging off the line... so when started he automatically had a two car lead on me... What I mean is in a manual car at a full stop you idle your car at 3000 rpm you know what I mean??? I don't wanna try putting my car in neutral and idle at 3000 and throw it in to drive... just the thought sounds bad... any suggestions?

Also what switches need to be on or off to go a little faster... some say turn off traction control and turn on etc power... is that true??? tips please...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hold down brake and give it gas to build up some RPM on the converter.. This is not really good for it but it will give you more power out of the hole.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
trac OFF, POWER ON

left foot slammed on brake, right foot on gas, get up to 3500 rpms or untill when the car starts to move, while still slammed on the brake...

let go of the brake, slam on gas....use E-SHIFT....make sure u are in 2nd, then shift it UP at redline... ;)

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
tsopranoMB said:
trac OFF, POWER ON

left foot slammed on brake, right foot on gas, get up to 3500 rpms or untill when the car starts to move, while still slammed on the brake...

let go of the brake, slam on gas....use E-SHIFT....make sure u are in 2nd, then shift it UP at redline... ;)

He ain't gonna make 3500 rpm without spinning on a stock TC Marc.

Rev to around 2250... basically... as high as you can get the revs without spinning the tires OR moving forward any. Press the brake down HARD. when it's time to go... let off the brake while flooring the throttle.

Don't do this often. It's very bad for your tranny.

·
Registered
403 Posts
yea dont do a neutral drop, instead put ur foot on the break and use your other to give it some gas. Some say its easy, some say hard but try to get to 3k without inching and then just let off the break. and yes,turn trac off. etc power on.
wow, for some reason my computer didnt show any other posts till i posted, weird

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
very true John...however, he can also use the hand brake and get her up to 3500rpms..:lol:

·
Registered
94 Posts
tsopranoMB said:
very true John...however, he can also use the hand brake and get her up to 3500rpms..:lol:
youre kidding right? IS is rwd... i hope he doesnt try that or else hes gonna come back n be like WTF GUYS YOU TOLD ME TO DO THAT!

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
just rev it to 5000 and throw it in gear!

jk

yeah, i dont think a stock IS can go more than 2400-2500 rpm without spinning tires with a foot on the brake

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
UGotLeft said:
youre kidding right? IS is rwd... i hope he doesnt try that or else hes gonna come back n be like WTF GUYS YOU TOLD ME TO DO THAT!
not kidding at all...I did that with mine, with a professional driver who tuned my turbo IS before I crashed it, and he dropped the e-brake at 5500 rpms...that was AWESOME.... :cool:

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
Mazdaspeed said:
If you want your car to survive I don't think I would take any advice from Tsoprano on how to race it.
:lol: nothing I said hasnt been said before by anyone else....whether its from me or anyone else on this forum who's crashed as well, and there have been quite a few totalled IS300's this year....but anyways

get back to the PL buddy...I dont bother you, dont provoke me either.....

·
Registered
46,689 Posts
tsopranoMB said:
:lol: nothing I said hasnt been said before by anyone else....whether its from me or anyone else on this forum who's crashed as well, and there have been quite a few totalled IS300's this year....but anyways

get back to the PL buddy...I dont bother you, dont provoke me either.....
Still the irony of you telling someone how to race was too good to pass up.

You don't see me running around telling people how to post in moderation do you?

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
tsopranoMB said:
not kidding at all...I did that with mine, with a professional driver who tuned my turbo IS before I crashed it, and he dropped the e-brake at 5500 rpms...that was AWESOME.... :cool:

If you did that your car was doomed anyways. Did you ever feel how hot your shifter got when doing that for just a second or two? The heat can get so high it'll throw the tranny in limp mode and start flashing the D/M shift selector at you.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
dasgalloway said:
If you did that your car was doomed anyways. Did you ever feel how hot your shifter got when doing that for just a second or two? The heat can get so high it'll throw the tranny in limp mode and start flashing the D/M shift selector at you.
only did that ONE time, and I wasnt the driver, I was letting a professional show me what my car was capable of.....either way, it wasnt something I was planning on doing ever again anyway...:lol:

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Automatic sucks in launching,
its better to preserve your tyranny rather then winning some ego race to find some major problem to your car.

Ask him to run from a roll, he should understand your situation

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
Benign said:
Automatic sucks in launching,
its better to preserve your tyranny rather then winning some ego race to find some major problem to your car.

Ask him to run from a roll, he should understand your situation

A properly built auto will outlaunch a manual every day of the week.

All the fastest supras are autos. The problem is... a built auto tranny can launch insanely well... but ain't great for daily driving... just like a 6 puck crazy clutch with a stupid light flywheel.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Ever thought purchasing an SRT torque converter? I understand that'll help you're launch dramatically.

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
dasgalloway said:
A properly built auto will outlaunch a manual every day of the week.

All the fastest supras are autos. The problem is... driving an auto is for people who have to drive in rush hour traffic on occasion.

Refixed. ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts