Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok i know this has been covered 10000s times but here is one more... i have 19x9.5 with 265/30/19 BFG KDWs... and i am lowered on Tein S techs... the rim shop test fitted the wheels and they rubbed (no surprise there) they rolled the fenders a little bit then gave up... they told me either i should go with the stock springs or get lowering springs that are less aggressive... anyone know what i should do?
TIA

yea i know that isnt the greatest picture... my camera battery died..

·
Premium Member
10,782 Posts
If you want that aggressive style. Then you would need to massage, pull and roll.

Well at least thats what others on here have said.

Reactions: kauaian

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
As far as other springs go, Prokits are less agressive but still give a nice look. They might work with the wheels.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what about Tein H techs? dont they have a 1 inch drop in the rear?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Damn, did they mess up your quarter panel when trying to roll it? In the picture it's at about 10:30 if your wheel is a clock.

·
Premium Member
10,782 Posts
Damn, did they mess up your quarter panel when trying to roll it? In the picture it's at about 10:30 if your wheel is a clock.
:lol:

I was thinking the same thing. Before I posted the first time.

Same question about them messing up your rear quarter

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmm i never noticed that lol let me go check it they screwed it up...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Go with different tires. I'm dropped on prokits with a 19x9.5 +55, same tires, and I rub only with people in the car hitting dips quick. I just bought those tires on ebay dirt cheap to replace my worn out falkens, the bfgs were literally another 1/2 inch wider. The shoulder on them sticks out more too. If you want to stick with the bfgs, get a 255 instead. Even if you roll the fenders, you'll hit where the rear bumper bolts to the quarter panel.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea man i had the same deal... for now im going to go with stock springs until i figure out what to do...

Go with different tires. I'm dropped on prokits with a 19x9.5 +55, same tires, and I rub only with people in the car hitting dips quick. I just bought those tires on ebay dirt cheap to replace my worn out falkens, the bfgs were literally another 1/2 inch wider. The shoulder on them sticks out more too. If you want to stick with the bfgs, get a 255 instead. Even if you roll the fenders, you'll hit where the rear bumper bolts to the quarter panel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts