·
Registered
608 Posts
Only problem is if you want to cross tyres.... You can't

Other than that, nothing looks as good.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
staggered cons> understeer, non rotatable tires ( due to the sizing)
pros> better rear traction for the straights, looks better with lippage

non staggered> cheaper due to tire rotation , and handling is awesome for the twisties
* these opinions of course are as such when all factors are constant ie. wheel design/weight and tire thread etc.

·
Registered
608 Posts
2TGEU said:
staggered cons> understeer, non rotatable tires ( due to the sizing)
pros> better rear traction for the straights, looks better with lippage

non staggered> cheaper due to tire rotation , and handling is awesome for the twisties
* these opinions of course are as such when all factors are constant ie. wheel design/weight and tire thread etc.
I have no understeer...

Come to my town, Roundabout city...

You must be unlucky or something lol

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
i have staggered setup. 8.5 front and 9.5 rear. definitely helps with traction. doesnt cure the problem, but definitely helps. and totally changes steering. understeers a lot. very good to drift with, and taking turns

edit: always mix up over/under steering

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
I think my IS handles better with the staggered set up. It has a better steering feel to it, which I think its a plus for handling I think. There is a factor of more cost for tires and no tire rotation. There is always a pro and con for everything. Its up to each ones own opinion and I prefer staggered especially with a fat lip.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
^^^ no understeer eh? and you're on 19 to.... well good for you. btw nice ride:)

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
I dont agree that staggared wheels will induce poor understeer situations. It may be more than a none staggared setup, but you can overcome most of it. With a properly tuned suspension you can stiffen up the fronts, soften up the rears drastically and it will reduce understeer.. OR get a front sway bar, leave the rear stock... With cusco control arms in the front, you can dial in the camber back in to allow you to use the full contact patch of the tire, again helping prevent understeer cuz your tires are gripping..

If you run 225 up front and like a 255, 265 or 275 in the rear, this is ASKING for understeer.. Run at least a 235 up front..

Alittle bit of alignment adjustment can help understeer too.. But this will result in premature inner tire wear..

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
If as such the suspension geometry of a car is not parallel then how can you say it shall not induce understeer? When turn in is compromised by the wider girth in the rear load transfer will be offset for the most part inevitably, yes it is possible to fiddle around with alignment and camber settings to compensate(and driving style plays a major role too) for this but nevertheless if everything is at a CONSTANT it shall have understeer regardless.

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
i never said you can dial out all understeer... I said you can reduce it in certain ways with different settings on a staggared setup.. I for one dont have a staggared set up and run evenly all around...

For track or autox i would say keep it even.. For looks and the street, stagger it..

·
Registered
608 Posts
u know i have 225 and 255 combo.

i crap it before the car understeers.

TRD Yellow Sways
Apexi N1 Coilovers

No Understeer, thank you please :)

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I too run non staggered for run non staggered for track and canyon.

Yo Mr Singh, i also have the same 225/ 265 combo but only for meets :) . BTW like i said earlier you have a nice ride. way to represent onyx

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Mr_Singh said:
u know i have 225 and 255 combo.

i crap it before the car understeers.

TRD Yellow Sways
Apexi N1 Coilovers

No Understeer, thank you please :)

Your Altezza is a totally different animal and your tuning specifics do not apply to the IS300. Your car has a 50/50 weight distribution vs our IS which carries a much heavier iron block motor in the front. Front traction is far more important because of this.

·
Registered
608 Posts
TeCKis300 said:
Your Altezza is a totally different animal and your tuning specifics do not apply to the IS300. Your car has a 50/50 weight distribution vs our IS which carries a much heavier iron block motor in the front. Front traction is far more important because of this.

Makes perfect sense then... Thanks!

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
it will look great man... May not be ideal for track, but you can always use your stockers for track..

Get them like Mr. singh.. His are beautiful..

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
on my aftermarket wheels.. i went from 18x8 all around to 19x8 front / 19x9.5 rear. don't make the mistake i made, staggard is definitely the way to go. even all the new sportier cars such as the is350 w/ 18s come staggard.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
coming from both sides, i prefer a non-staggered setup.

225 daily

245 for weekend fun.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts