Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i m looking at some rims that are 19 x 9.5 w/ a +40. im gonna shave the fenders and i know they wont fit up front without modifying alot but the next step down is 19 X8 w/ 40. the handling will suck with so much more traction on the back than the front. iwas wondering if anyone has been able to correct that with sway and shock adjustment? also how far would i be from fitting 18 x 9.5 +40 on front with shaved fenders?
ive searched and am still searching.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
there really isnt much room to shave anythign in the front. i have 18 x 8.5 in front with a 235/40 and its tight. a 9.5 in front is going to need flares and cutting.

how low is your car? how stiff is your suspension?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think its dropped 1.5 in the front and i have the hotchkis sways that i can adjust tighter. shock are not adjustable yet. i found a thread that they fit 17 x 9 w/ 42 offset and 5mm spacer. im eventually gonna get fenders just seeing if i can make the front fit in the mean time or if i should stagger. id like to stagger but i also like my handling.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
sways wont do much. that isnt preventing travel up and down.

why not just go 8 in front and 9 in rear. or 8, 8.5, or 9 in front and 9, 9.5, or 10 in rear?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its just the handling will suck. i hate when i go to turn and i dont. oversteer? they only come in 9.5 and 8

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
that aint too bad. put some 235 up front and some 265 in the back, youll be fine

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
its just the handling will suck. i hate when i go to turn and i dont. oversteer? they only come in 9.5 and 8

or the more obvious UNDERsteer....

but it seems like anytime you go more than 2 widths bigger between the front and the back, our car understeers like a bitch. Even if you tighten the hell out of your rear struts and put some serious rear sways, you will still under a bit. I have 235s up front and 255s on the rear and even with the above settings, I'll still plow on occasion. 235s w/ 265s will understeer a decent bit... just so you are aware.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts