Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got headers installed next step is to throw some cams/new cam gears in their.
I was talking to someone and they told me that if i go stage 2 that ill have to almost rebuild my whole head, or can i just get the cams and new gears and be str8. Cause having to rebulid the whole head doesnt sound right to me just for stage 2 cams. Sooooo are they just retarded making shit up and throwing me off/ or is this a true statement?

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
If you searched, you would find your answer but I will answer it now. There's quite a few threads about this. You will not have to rebuild your head. Just swap the BC stage 2 cams in along with the cam gear and you will be fine. The stock ECU can handle stage 2 cams. No need to rebuild anything.

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
not to be and asshole but this has been talked about a few times and a simple search would answer your question. but anyway to answer your the answer is no you will not have to rebuild your head with upgraded parts. but you will need to reshim your cylinder head to the brian crower spec's or your cams will be noisy. so finding a bunch of shims will be hard and im sure your not going to want to buy a ton of them since they cost like $15 per shim. so install the cams check your clearances and order the right size shims needed. if you have other questions search cause if they are about the cams it has been answered already.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.