Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My appologies to the "stock" fans in advance...

Stage 1 is complete and includes:

• Painted calipers
  • 18" x 8" 5Zigen Heidfields
  • Pirelli P7000 SuperSports 225-40-18
  • Factory rear spoiler
  • Titanium tint
Stage 2 will include kg/mm down springs and a Wald front lip.

I know a lot of IS3 owners want to keep their cars stock and that's cool. I like to modify my cars (as clean as possible) to match my personality. Hope you enjoy!

Mark

5Zigens: http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1085820&a=8016473&p=26574415&Sequence=0

Calipers: http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1085820&a=8016473&p=26574421&Sequence=0

Side View: http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1085820&a=8016473&p=26574419&Sequence=0

Wing: http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1085820&a=8016473&p=26574417&Sequence=0

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nice. Your car looks great. I have no problem with mods as long as they look clean and classy. You've got both here. Love the wheels.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Well, I must say your car looks GOOD...
Very Tastefully Done... (Not Tacky)
And the car STILL looks CLASSY....

Now, my question is, what MORE could you POSSIBLY want to ADD to the Exterior of this
ALREADY pretty car???

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Looks nice man. Those wheels are white are they? That's just the picture, right? Either way though, very sweet.

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I'll have to agree... your IS looks sweet!
I'm also considering getting lowered as well as a front lip. I'm just looking for that
little more aggressive stance. I have a couple of stock pictures on ClubSI, the
Burke Lake, NorthEast forum. My IS didn't
look like too much sitting next to a ferrarri. =) oh well.. Congratz and I
look forward to seeing more pics as mods occur.

Marlon

------------------
IS300 (white)
loaded w/o LSD

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
sweet...what kind of brake caliper paint did you use? was it done professionally? how was the word LEXUS put on the caliper?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Nice lookin car... I'd say its askin for a drop, next... does anyone have coilovers out for the IS/Altezza?

------------------
Kenny
3.2 TL

·
Registered
259 Posts
I just looked again and it appears as if your rims are white... can you confirm this? or is it just the camera angle...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Lots of people have coilovers for the IS. But the only ones i've seen on an IS300 is the Tein setup. I have the Tein's on my GS400. They are a leading japanese suspension company. If you really want to see other stuff, go to www.gtautosports.com for all different parts for the IS. They have coilovers to break setups and lots of stuff from japan too. If you contact dave and tell him that albert sent you, he'll hook you guys up. His prices are usually very good.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I would have to agree that Tein's are unparalleled.

I'd also trust Apex-i with my suspension though, especially the N1. The world sports coilovers are good enough, but not hardcore like the N1's.

------------------
Kenny
3.2 TL

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
Wow, that's a gorgeous color and the wheels look great. What's the difference between Mica blue and Spectra (same?)

Originally posted by mryuen:
My appologies to the "stock" fans in advance...

[This message has been edited by ckolsen (edited August 20, 2000).]

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just got off the golf course....thanks for all of the support. The color is standard Spectra Blue. The wheels are actually bright silver but look white due to the intense sun here in NJ....thus explaining my day on the golf course. The Wald lip is actually pretty understated and won't take away from the lines of the car, plus I'll keep the stock fogs. The only coil-overs I know of are Tein and they are pricey! The calipers are painted with VHT caliper spray paint that ran for $4.00. The Lexus on the caliper is a vinyl decal in silver. The theme of the car is blue/silver.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
kg/mm's on the way from Japan. Should be a little over 1" in drop while maintaining near stock ride. Fender gap is not a desireable thing for me...

Originally posted by 99V6Coupe:
yeah baby, good mods... H&R next? or would you prefer that gap?

·
Registered
92 Posts
if you don't mind me asking, how much did you spend, and how much more do you intend to spend

------------------
The Two Rules of Success:
1. Don't tell everything you know.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts