Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in kind of a little dilemma here. I might be getting some wheels soon and I can't decide between the SSR Minerva and the HRE 445R. If I got either one of them, they would be 18" silver with a polished lip. I really like the Minerva because of its aggressive design and because it will go well with the body kit I am planning for. On the other hand, the HRE wheels are more classy and seem to fit the IS a little better.

I just wanted to gather a few opinions on the subject.

Thanks,

Chris

SSR Minerva

HRE 445R

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Both are nice. The Minerva seems like a semi-dated design already. While HREs are timeless. Also, don't expect as much lip on the Minervas as that Altezza had. I think I read somewhere he has pulled front and rear fenders. It kinda looks that way from the pic.

·
Registered
565 Posts
HRE's....i just love those rims and they are very classy....

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
MrMark said:
Honestly, I'm a little dissapointed with HRE's durability. Even though iForge has a bad rep, I still think they are better in quality than HRE. I know I'll get some flak, but I have both so I can make the comparison.

lil' IS 300 said:
Are you f'n joking me? Dude get the HREs :D
aye mark, what kinda bad rep does iforged have? :-? never heard anything about them being bad ...

·
Registered
9,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tha Reaper said:
MrMark said:
Honestly, I'm a little dissapointed with HRE's durability. Even though iForge has a bad rep, I still think they are better in quality than HRE. I know I'll get some flak, but I have both so I can make the comparison.

lil' IS 300 said:
aye mark, what kinda bad rep does iforged have? :-? never heard anything about them being bad ...
http://www.is300.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13373468

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Customer service...not quality.

Tha Reaper said:
MrMark said:

lil' IS 300 said:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
kona said:
Go classy (HRE). Never goes out of style. Guys remember the BBS RSII's?
Yes, I do remember the BBS RSII. IMO, a very clean classic look from the pre-big-lip era of multi-piece wheel design

If your implication is that that SSR Minerva wheel is in the same league style-wise you are sadly mistaken.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
MrMark said:
Which HRE wheels did you have and with what finish and what happened to them?

I know about some clearcoat problems and one guy on the Audi forum had his anodized wheels ruined by a dealer with an acidic spray on wheel cleaner.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
The lip bent on my Legend. I didn't even hit a noticable pothole.... bent enough rims in my life to realize when I hit a pothole...

CRB said:
MrMark said:
Which HRE wheels did you have and with what finish and what happened to them?

I know about some clearcoat problems and one guy on the Audi forum had his anodized wheels ruined by a dealer with an acidic spray on wheel cleaner.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.