Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. yes, i've done a search, and, haven't found much. anyway, i'm wanting the SSR GT2 wheels for my IS, and i wanted to know...do they come in 7.5's in the front, and 8.5's in there rear. i'm looking for 18's...so...just wanted to know. i'm getting my car lowered with H&R springs very soon, and needed to know this before i buy the wheels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
186 Posts
I have these wheels...but I have 18x8, front and rear. Dunno if they come different.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are they good wheels? does it ride well when raining? i've heard that sometimes with aftermarket wheels its a difference when driving in rain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
547 Posts
thksdad said:
are they good wheels? does it ride well when raining? i've heard that sometimes with aftermarket wheels its a difference when driving in rain.
Yes SSR are very nice rims, are of a superb quality, and supposedly ride well in the rain. Remember though, your tires are going to matter a little more than your rims in the rain just depending on treads. I haven't found that different rims are of a substantial difference in the rain.

sISp
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
186 Posts
Yeah I love mine, very high quality and super light weight. It rides great in the rain, but I don't think the rims have any relation to that, just the tires (I have Dunlops). I would post picks but I don't know how...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,754 Posts
thksdad said:
hey guys. yes, i've done a search, and, haven't found much. anyway, i'm wanting the SSR GT2 wheels for my IS, and i wanted to know...do they come in 7.5's in the front, and 8.5's in there rear. i'm looking for 18's...so...just wanted to know. i'm getting my car lowered with H&R springs very soon, and needed to know this before i buy the wheels.
nice wheels. but why dont you call tirerack and ask about sizes

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
186 Posts
baadhabit said:
nice wheels. but why dont you call tirerack and ask about sizes
That is where I got mine, got a great deal they were on closeout.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
ALTEZZA, what size tires did you go with? Did you lowered your car at all? Do get any rubbing?

I'm thinking of going with these rims as well...any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
186 Posts
I went with 235/40/18 all around, no rubbing or anything. It looks like the front might rub if I lower it though, I'm thinking about going 225/40 in the front if (when) I do lower.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Really! ahh, thanks for the info. I think 225 should be good enough for me though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey, i have H&R springs, and do you guys think this will rub if i get ALTEZZA's wheel set up? and, about the rain thing...i head that sometimes when its raining, the rain will go off your wheel a certain way, and make the ride kinda rough....but, i think thats just BS. but, i'm loving my Nitto NEO GEN's, so, i think i might try and get those for those wheels. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
703 Posts
thksdad said:
hey, i have H&R springs, and do you guys think this will rub if i get ALTEZZA's wheel set up? and, about the rain thing...i head that sometimes when its raining, the rain will go off your wheel a certain way, and make the ride kinda rough....but, i think thats just BS. but, i'm loving my Nitto NEO GEN's, so, i think i might try and get those for those wheels. ;)

Neo-gens are gimmick tires w/ horrid reviews from what I have read when I was looking for tires :lol:



But they "look" good
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well, i like them. now, my friend has some great tires...don't know the brand, but, they stick like super glue to the road. you 'could' take a slight turn on a curvy road on Brook Highland Parkway, and you will still be stuck to the road...not like i've done that before....:flee:
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top