Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the information that i recieved as of this afternoon today....

"As you may or may not know, SSR filed bankruptcy in January of this year and is currently closed for business. At that time, SSR told us there would be a period of company restructuring, and possibly a sale to new owners. However, they were confident that production would continue in the future. The latest news is they will be resuming production sometime later this year with delivery's starting early next year."

How sweet is that? I know that SSR's are very popular and that they are light with great styling..

Just thought that some of you might want to know if you were waiting for the SSR's like i am..

Thanks
-Bobby

·
Registered
910 Posts
Turbo18psi said:
This is the information that i recieved as of this afternoon today....

"As you may or may not know, SSR filed bankruptcy in January of this year and is currently closed for business. At that time, SSR told us there would be a period of company restructuring, and possibly a sale to new owners. However, they were confident that production would continue in the future. The latest news is they will be resuming production sometime later this year with delivery's starting early next year."

How sweet is that? I know that SSR's are very popular and that they are light with great styling..

Just thought that some of you might want to know if you were waiting for the SSR's like i am..

Thanks
-Bobby

well does this mean that the price will drop?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Orangetang21 said:

That i don't know..
I do know that when Roja was taken over that the wheels went up by $50 each... lol. So i can't really say, but i would venture to say that they will have some nice designs and hopfully some new ones since they may undergo new ownership!

-Bobby

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Turbo18psi said:
That i don't know..
I do know that when Roja was taken over that the wheels went up by $50 each... lol. So i can't really say, but i would venture to say that they will have some nice designs and hopfully some new ones since they may undergo new ownership!

-Bobby
hmmm...maybe ill buy it

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Orangetang21 said:
Highly doubt it.

Let's look at all sides of the coins:

They sell the company: This still does not effect the debt in which they have already have. The sale will help bridge and settle the debt from the previous owners (hopefully they do not have a personal guarantee for their sake). The new company acquiring the debt (cost of machinery and such...) I am sure will not be looking into lowering prices because they want to begin making the $$ back they spent on the initial purchase.

They keep the company: This is just a mere debt re-organization, where they attempt to settle their debts on payment plans and/or pennies on the dollar. SSR I am sure if they chose this route, will not be looking to lower prices to help dig themselves deeper into debt with lower margins.

I have never seen an acquisition or a CH 11 turn into a lower price scenario. Look at when DC Sports was struggling, AEM gobbled them up and what happened? DC prices shot up!! Same with a couple other companies. Only time will tell with SSR, and others like Wings West.

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
SSR should stay. SSR's been around for ages.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
Turbo18psi said:
That i don't know..

-Bobby
Roja went under ;) and are back under Motegi

1 - 9 of 9 Posts