Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting on my Rotoras and kevlar pads today and the tech said I should get some SS lines. Are they worth the extra $? Also how hard to install?

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
I have no personal experience, but I've heard they make a very good difference in "pedal feel" when upgrading your pads and rotors.

Unfortunately, I also heard that the steel lines will "unweave" over time and will need to be replaced relatively often(every couple of years). Someone please correct me if you know different..........

·
Threadlocker
7,912 Posts
xencloud said:
I have no personal experience, but I've heard they make a very good difference in "pedal feel" when upgrading your pads and rotors.

Unfortunately, I also heard that the steel lines will "unweave" over time and will need to be replaced relatively often(every couple of years). Someone please correct me if you know different..........
SS braiding should NOT unweave if the fittings are put on correctly, as long as they are high quality hoses.

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts
in a word.

YES

better pedal feel & modulation.... stronger & the only way to go IMO.

for 100-120 bux it is a GREAT and noticeable improvement... good for daily driving if you do not hammer the car hard & the ONLY way to go if you DO..

just do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.