Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stoptech vs. Goodrich

I understand the advantages of stainless steel brake lines.

The price difference between the two is 10 dollars.

Which one is better in terms of:
-quality
-reliability (how long they will last)
-fitment
-overall performance

I'm using these with C/D slotted rotors and Axxis brake pads.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have StopTech lines on both axles. The lines went on without any bending or fiddling with the fittings. They are very high quality, and
StopTech advises they are good for 4500 lb, which I believe is a DOT
requirement, although I'm not certain of that. I have no experience with
the Goodrich lines, although I've looked at them and they looked sanitary enough. However, my first choice would be the ST.

Also, when the lines (and the StopTech calipers went on (fronts only)), I replaced the stock fluid with Motul. Expensive, but said to be worth the price.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses guys. I will go with the stoptech.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Kinda late with my 2 cents...

I have the StopTech's and have had no issues. I also upgradded the fluid to Motul 600. Good combo.

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
bump

redlex, so how are the brake lines treating you? How much did you get them for and where?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
i thought there where no DOT guidelines to follow when building brakelines?

i thought it can be better then OEM

the only disadvantage to SS lines is you can't tell is the line is leaking(easy as crap with Oem brake likes)....

i've got st lines and motul fluid....yet to be put in

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
goodrich dont fit playa....had some.... sent those shits right back to tirerack....the base lock nut is not like oem...the threads fit but the part that locks to the "L" that is welded to the body of the car is too small it will go right through.....

how do I know? tried it with 3 other .net members present....we all concluded it is not an OEM fit so go with stoptechs

:wink:

·
Threadlocker
7,912 Posts
Kel3 said:
goodrich dont fit playa....had some.... sent those shits right back to tirerack....the base lock nut is not like oem...the threads fit but the part that locks to the "L" that is welded to the body of the car is too small it will go right through.....

how do I know? tried it with 3 other .net members present....we all concluded it is not an OEM fit so go with stoptechs

:wink:
i dunno what you got, but i installed goodridge lines on superman is 300's car and they fit fine.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
:-?

not ruling that out but the item that tirerack sent to me didnt fit and it said lexus is300 on the box...but you never know..

and it could have fit with some finagle tactics but I didnt want a hack job esp. when it comes to the braking system...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.