Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
does anyone noe wuts taking the SRT intakes forever to ship out? been waitin for over 2 months now and its drving me crazy :pissed: :crazy:

· Registered
1,784 Posts
SRT makes them in house. All the fabrication is done in house- pipe cutting, milling of the MAF adapters, welding, painting, clear coating, assembly and programming of piggyback ecus (from scratch), etc, etc.

They have been pumping out TONS of them in the past month- unfortunately, they simply cannot keep up with the demand.

Don't worry- they are coming- if you order one, you will probably have it within a month. Unfortunately, if you are one of those people that "waits" until something is in stock before you will place an order, then you will never be able to get one anytime soon, as they are on perpetual backorder.

-Chris

· Registered
1,784 Posts
newlex said:
I called SRT and they say "that they are in the process of upgrading all there machines" This was about 3 weeks ago.

:eek:
They bought a brand new state of the art Haas CNC milling machine not too long ago, so they could bring all of their milling inhouse, replacing the previous mill they had that was over 30 years old and slow and error prone. The thing ran on punch card for christ's sake, and it was CONSTANTLY breaking down. The new machine is really quite amazing, precise to 10 thousandths of an inch, and cuts production costs and time by a LOT.

Just chill, man- they're coming...

-Chris

· Registered
3,215 Posts
doublins said:
newlex said:
I called SRT and they say "that they are in the process of upgrading all there machines" This was about 3 weeks ago.

:eek:
They bought a brand new state of the art Haas CNC milling machine not too long ago, so they could bring all of their milling inhouse, replacing the previous mill they had that was over 30 years old and slow and error prone. The thing ran on punch card for christ's sake, and it was CONSTANTLY breaking down. The new machine is really quite amazing, precise to 10 thousandths of an inch, and cuts production costs and time by a LOT.

Just chill, man- they're coming...

-Chris
I know someone who has been waiting six months, no lie................

· Not Officially Back
12,292 Posts
ISiegwa said:
does anyone noe wuts taking the SRT intakes forever to ship out? been waitin for over 2 months now and its drving me crazy :pissed: :crazy:
Well, you are dealing with SRT... :-?

· Registered
18,849 Posts
lilaznboi said:
dasgalloway said:
ISiegwa said:
uh oh...doublins might have to regulate :lol:
:wink:

· Not Officially Back
12,292 Posts
lilaznboi said:
dasgalloway said:
ISiegwa said:
Hey I'm not knocking SRT as a company, they have proven they make some great products... its just hard to get them to sell them to you sometimes.

· Registered
6,278 Posts
dasgalloway said:
lilaznboi said:
dasgalloway said:
ISiegwa said:
Hey I'm not knocking SRT as a company, they have proven they make some great products... its just hard to get them to sell them to you sometimes.
haha i know what u mean...i totally agree with u too...it's just doublins has been a little mod crazy lately... :lol:

(delete post if necessary) :lol:

· Premium Member
2,851 Posts
All of our parts are made in house. We have had some problems with manufacturing in the past 3 months. Our previous CNC machine finally crapped out. We ordered a state of the art Haas VF3 CNC milling machine that we received about a month ago. Everything is finally setup and we have resumed production. Over the past week or so we have shipped over 40 intakes and we currently have every model intake in stock. This was also one of the main reasons why most of our turbo kits were delayed.

The intakes are available direct through us or through any of our distributors (Intense Motorsports www.i-m-racing.com , Carson Toyota, Titan Motorsports www.titanmotorsports.com , SupraStore www.suprastore.com , etc.) Our turbo kits will become an in-stock item before the end of the year.

We apologize for the delay in shipping the orders and appreciate your patience.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.